• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

The 1084 has arrived

1/4" x 11/2" x 48" 1084 DELIVERED
Just received 9,300 lbs. of 1084.

Bars are 1/4" x 1 1/2" x 48 and weigh in at just over 5 pounds each. Bars will sell for $20.00 each. Breaks at 100# and 300#. Will provide chemistry shortly.

Pre-orders will start shipping before the weekend. THIS LOAD WILL NOT LAST. IF YOU ARE AT ALL INTERESTED PLEASE CONTACT ME IMMEDIATELY at

njsteelbaron@gmail.com

Aldo Bruno

:thumbup:Great news, Aldo! Now go get some sleep (posting at 3:37 AM :eek:)

Michael, I thought you were joking, seriously :eek:

If Aldo wont send you one bar, I will... Just let me know.

Michael,

I believe what Aldo meant was that if you order at least 100 lbs, he will give you a reduced price per lb on the steel. I don't believe he has a minimum. I only ordered five bars if I recall correctly.

Murph

Aldo,
I'm glad the steel made it in. I've got several kids who have been asking me when we can get the forge fired up. Thanks for thinking of me.

How are your plans for the misssion trip?

If you haven't used Aldo's 1084, it is good stuff. I forge it whenever I can. Great for camp knives to short swords. Currently have a Claymore working in it. Can't say enough good things about it. HT is a dream.
Stacy

(The above is an unsolicited review, and is unaffected by the 100# of 1084 Aldo will be sending me for free.)

If you haven't used Aldo's 1084, it is good stuff. I forge it whenever I can. Great for camp knives to short swords.

Only short swords?

What would make it not useful for say 25" - 28" sword; just too much hardness at the edge? Or rather what could I do to make it better for such a sword? Would I just give it a real good temper on the spine with a torch?

Really looking forward to my 50 pounds!

So far I have bought at least 50 pounds of each batch Aldo has sold, there has not been a bad bar in the bunch!
Anybody who forges should try this stuff! it moves beautifully!

-Page

Got it!!!

Last edited:
I am also looking forward to getting mine. I've got a few designs worked up already, though, admittedly, I'm not into forging yet.

Mine arrived at my neighbor's Tuesday. He was kind enough to bring it over for me yesterday. Looks great.

Back