• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

The 1084 has arrived

Just wanted to say thanks to Aldo for making this great steel available to us and at a good price. I had been seeing all the "got mine" responses on this thread, but had not received my yet. When I sent an email to Aldo asking about the status of my order he called me that day and we figured out what the problem was. He shipped my order that day and now I can say "got mine". Now I gotta get busy making a knife.

Hey Aldo, couple quick questions (didn't see them asked...):
is there any left? ;)
is there a minimum order?
do you take paypal?

Thanks, Aldo!

Hey Aldo, couple quick questions (didn't see them asked...):
is there any left? ;)
is there a minimum order?
do you take paypal?

Thanks, Aldo!

Yes, please let us know.

Stupid question, but is this suitable to grind "as is" or is it purely for use as a forge blend?

Thanks!

Mr. Bad Example, this 1084 grinds almost as easy as Aluminum. Shaping is a bear without a torch or bandsaw.

Hey Guys,
Please be patient with Aldo the next couple of weeks.
His father just passed away.
Thanks
Mace

woah some how I replied to a different thread on this one. musta accidently clicked here :confused::eek:

Hey there Aldo, money sent via pay pal! Can't wait for your steel, I can't believe how excited I am to get some steel. Oh, I'm the non computer using, no pay pal knowing how to use red neck who emailed you in the middle of the night the other day. Thanks bro, your the man!

Is there any steel left? I emailed quite some time ago and never heard back--would like a bar or two! :)

GENTLEMEN,

I AM STILL ALIVE AND I HAVE A WHOLE BUNCH OF 1084 LOOKING FOR A HOME. PLEASE EMAIL ME AT njsteelbaron@gmail.com AND I'LL GET A QUOTE OUT TO YOU.

Thank you,
Aldo Bruno

I hate to be a pest, but I have emailed twice now w/no response (hitting your SPAM filter, perhaps?).

I only need one or two bars (shipped to 04937) as I am just getting started. Please feel free to PM or email me with a quote.

Thanks!
Michael

Hey bud, since I never got that fourth sheet of O1, I'd be happy if you sent me an equal value of 1084 instead.

i'm new to this and i'm looking for 1084 or W2 i cant forge down Don's W2 (plus i really dont need that much). I sent an e-mail to Aldo but i have gotten no reply. Is there any chance of getting 1 or 2 bars of 1084 or is it all gone?

i'm new to this and i'm looking for 1084 or W2 i cant forge down Don's W2 (plus i really dont need that much). I sent an e-mail to Aldo but i have gotten no reply. Is there any chance of getting 1 or 2 bars of 1084 or is it all gone?

I guess we're out of luck. I've PM'd and emailed several times since the first of December with no response at all--time to look elsewhere? :confused:

Have you guys emailed with contact numbers? I know Aldo works full time and by the time he gets home and online its usually very late.

If you send him your contact numbers I am sure he will call you during business hours.

If Aldo has any left he would be more than happy to hook you guys up, he is good peeps!

Best of luck to you guys:thumbup:

Chris

Have you guys emailed with contact numbers? I know Aldo works full time and by the time he gets home and online its usually very late.

If you send him your contact numbers I am sure he will call you during business hours.

If Aldo has any left he would be more than happy to hook you guys up, he is good peeps!

Best of luck to you guys:thumbup:

Chris

Well, no Chris, I didn't do that, but how time consuing is it to answer an email or send a PayPal invoice?

Not everyone can accept calls at work. Not to mention that a few posts up he invites customers to contact him via email. For the record, I am easily available at info@ifixpcs.biz, would like one or two bars (depending upon the cost) shipped to 04937 and have PayPal funds waiting to send. I don't think I can make it any easier than that. :D

Hey,

I understand your point fully. Just saying, people do get busy and fall behind with work and home/family business.

Hang in there, he will get back with ya:thumbup:

You might try and catch him over on KnifeDogs.com on his sub forum as well. I will shoot him an email or try and call him this weekend if he hasnt got back with you guys.

Aldo is good for it, I know he gets swamped with emails etc too. I am sure they just got overlooked etc?

Chris

Well, no Chris, I didn't do that, but how time consuing is it to answer an email or send a PayPal invoice?

Not everyone can accept calls at work. Not to mention that a few posts up he invites customers to contact him via email. For the record, I am easily available at info@ifixpcs.biz, would like one or two bars (depending upon the cost) shipped to 04937 and have PayPal funds waiting to send. I don't think I can make it any easier than that. :D

Back