The $500 Question

Before anyone get's upset reading this, let me preface my statement by letting you know I only carried Benchmade knives exclusively for several years. I love them as knives. Realistically though, their Gold Class knives are not worth what they sell for, imho. The damascus is unimpressive and the build quality is no better than any Blue or Black Class knife, in my experience. It's just a price jump for better or more sought after materials. Take the 710-141 for example. Cool looking knife, cool material. 710 is a classic design and a perfect example of the "made for use" functional type of knife. The 710-141 however, takes all of that away from the 710. It's as much as an intended safe-queen as I have ever seen.

With the knives you listed, this is a crushing win for CRK (just vs BM). You said you'd be carrying it and if that's the case, the CRK Large Sebenza 21 or Umnumzaan will out perform the Benchmade knives you listed, and by a considerable margin. They will also hold up to use much better as well. The tolerances on CRK are ridiculously tight, and no matter how pretty a CRK you get, they are all intended to be used to the maximum capabilities of a knife, in context (for cutting things...)

Best of luck on your decision and I hope you enjoy your Umnumzaan or Large Sebenza ;)

In my opinion I would get a large Sebenza 21 with damascus, plus you could get the carbon fiber scale later. The carbon fiber with damascus is just so sexy. Second would be the 710-141 because its simply gorgeous. Again this is just my opinion and I dont want to hurt anyones feelings but the Gold Class 7505-132 is ugly as hell and weighing in at almost 8oz you couldn't pay me to carry that thing. The Akribis is kinda cool, not cool enough for $500 but I think the pocket clip is unique, but we are buying a knife not the clip. The Umnumzaan is comparable to the sebenza just depends on what CRK look you like more.

Last edited:
Back