The Alan Davis custom knife picture thread

Here is a picture of my latest...it is a fixed blade with 5” of HHH Feather Damascus, S shaped hammered bolster, mammoth bark, full tang and filed liners top and bottom...OAL circa 9 3/4”...

52157465-DF7F-4119-BF5C-590E38B50E3C.jpeg

It was made as a match to this folder that Alan made for me this past summer...

725D4DB3-6D39-4BFE-B210-695A9C29664C.jpeg

Here are a couple of pictures of them together...please excuse my poor photography skills...

8C501974-10D0-40E0-8EA6-C2549880F736.jpeg

I am beyond pleased...What a Set!!!...

F1748B3B-B2CB-40E8-9438-FA67D3A07991.jpeg

This thing is AWESOME...Alan is a genius...

Cheers/bg

Last edited:
That is a really beautiful set Buddy! I can certainly see why you are beyond pleased!!

Are you ready for another Alan Davis beauty? Just received this custom order from Alan today. Last year we were talking about Burke Damascus. Mentioned to him that if he was ever able to snag and make a knife in some of their River of Fire pattern ... consider it sold. Well, Alan arranged to have two River of Fire billets made. One for me and one for another very lucky BF member! I was elated. Picked out the other materials I wanted and told Alan to work it into his schedule when he could. Really happy with the way it turned out. Blade is, as I said, Burke Damascus in the River of Fire pattern. Asked Alan to make it a front tab opener for a cleaner blade design. Blade length is 3". Scales are some nice Hartebeest horn that mate up perfectly to the lava tube pattern titanium TextureTech bolsters. Back spacer is hand carved in a feathered chevron pattern. Really nice looking. As always .... Alan dun good!!!

iBfaKw2.jpg

vRRIxPB.jpg

DZihsUx.jpg

HcC2Axe.jpg

0gIF9xs.jpg

qnCk8eW.jpg

yUb8Iou.jpg

Sweet Dennis...you and Alan make a great team...your money and his skills...

Cheers/bg

This one should be here by the end of this week...

Alan Davis Gent’s Liner Lock
Blade - 3 3/8" tip to bolster
Overall - 7 3/4"
Steel- Burke Dragons Breath Damascus
Scales - Crackle Mammoth ivory bark
Bolsters - Chad Nichols' mosaic damascus
Liners - textured & anodized titanium
Back spacer - textured, file worked & anodized titanium

8E315448-60B0-4DD8-8E11-D0DD3EB277E9.jpeg

Here's my newest Davis. It's another gent's folder. This one features some Mammoth bark ivory scales with some really nice coloring ... ranging from blue to green to caramel. Bolsters are from some of Mike Sakmar's mokume. What really attracted me to this one was the blade. It is 2.875" and is some of Rob Thomas' Typhoon pattern Damascus. BUT, it is unlike any of Rob's Typhoon I've seen before. It's really eye catching (no pun intended, because the pattern almost looks line it has a series of eyes in it!). Of course, Alan dressed up the knife with some of his outstanding back spacer file work and anodizing.

QTMuRXo.jpg

U4ERpyM.jpg

gK9CuZY.jpg

e2c7URo.jpg

xYo0asQ.jpg

LMbg08P.jpg

OjbRVyX.jpg

Sweet knife, Dennis...I know you bought it for the Typhoon Damascus but for me it would have been more about the scales and the backspacer...especially the backspacer...

Cheers/bg

Here is my latest...

Gent’s Flipper
overall length - – 7 3/4"
blade – 3 5/16" tip to scales
steel – - Rob Thomas carbon damascus
grind - full flat
scales - – mammoth bark
bolsters - Calcinore damascus
liners - anodized, textured & file work titanium
floating back spacer – - Rob Thomas carbon damascus

2D7AB30A-4E04-4DB9-A685-89CA67F7C4EA.jpeg

Time for another addition. This beauty arrived today and is another special one for me. It is one of only a handful of lock backs that Alan has made. He told me that he feel this is the finest one he's made to date and, after receiving it, have no doubts about that. The covers on this one are some outrageously beautiful Mammoth bark ivory that are very well matched. The CPM 154 spear blade measures 3.125" from tip to bolsters. The bolsters are 416 SS with some very nice texturing. This is a seriously nice piece and very glad it found its way to my collection.

CJVRShV.jpg

puSAyHS.jpg

6SbcKkW.jpg

XXMdU4r.jpg

GreXABX.jpg

cCvhJ6x.jpg

Didn't think I would be adding another Davis so soon ... but you know how it goes! I couldn't resist this little pocket buddy. This small slip joint sports amber-dyed Sambar stag covers and a 2.25" 1095 blade with hamon. Pull is about a 5 and it has great walk and talk.

2qt5eke.jpg

ZwqG2wL.jpg

yv5EZiR.jpg

qXTaUqN.jpg

I got another one yesterday...
Alan Davis Gent’s Folder
7 5/8” OAL, 3 5/16” Blade
Blade - Burke River of Fire Damascus
Bolsters - S Shaped Rieveld Nebula Damascus
Backspacer - Alabama Twist Damascus
Thumbstud - Handturned Bronze, 24k gold plated insert with mammoth
Liners - Anodized textured and file worked titanium
Lanyard - Leather with Pin
...the poor photographs do not show what a very special knife this is...

3A434019-C2E4-4C95-85D9-9FD5C1EE4273.jpeg A2DA6C1C-C22D-4BF8-812E-52C33D7ECFBF.jpeg B4303151-3800-4F22-A1F3-64941AFC3FEC.jpeg 104D50CE-E16C-49EE-951B-A828B127C08E.jpeg A337E571-E194-4C79-B59A-E14510395DA1.jpeg 8E91C87F-DF9F-4081-A393-037238F86F31.jpeg

Cheers/bg

Last edited:
Newest Davis just in. Nicely sized gent's folder with Sambar stag scales, bronze TextureTech bolsters and a 3.125" Markus Balbach Damascus blade in his herringbone pattern. Everything about this one is perfect (but that goes without saying!) Alan must have thought I would do my best to snag this one, because he put his makers mark on the inside of the back-spacer! He knows I don't like it cluttering up the pattern of a Damascus blade!!!

uXnPscF.jpg

JujZa2J.jpg

ZuL9SCp.jpg

RXwJkof.jpg

lN1EF4L.jpg

daGxzPI.jpg

Dang what a beauty, I seen you snag this one. He sure makes some Awesome knives with Awesome materials with the most beautiful stag. Congrats you guys are killing me with all these beauties.

Doug

Here's my latest Davis .... that I almost didn't buy. Saw it listed for sale, thought about it for a while and decided to let someone else have a crack at it. Came to my senses later in the day and snatched it up! Glad I did. This one is special for a number of reasons. First, the stag is absolutely phenomenal. More importantly, I like adding new things or firsts to the collection. The bolsters on this one fit that bill. Alan is always trying new things and he made the bolsters by fusing sterling silver to copper. A really nice rustic kind of look to it. Scales are some superb natural amber Sambar stag with great character. It's a little oversized and fits my hand very well. The 3.125" blade is some of Vegas Forge's stainless Damascus in their sharkstooth pattern. Overall, just a great looking knife.

SZBkCwE.jpg

LIECPOD.jpg

0uRrx3G.jpg

H0xc04N.jpg

Ciutl0t.jpg

You are right, Dennis, that is some phenomenal stag and a great all around knife...

Cheers/bg

Back