The Alan Davis custom knife picture thread

It's been almost 5 months since I last acquired a new Davis. Fortunately, that's all changed. This beauty arrived yesterday. It's another gent's size folder with a 3.125" blade made from Bertie Rietveld's Dragon Skin Damascus which Alan heat colored. Bolsters are also Dragon Skin (etched). The Mammoth bark scales have nice color front and back. Double anodized / file-worked back spacer and brass thumb stud with and inset blue diamond complement the knife very nicely.

Jx9r9Tm.jpg

iJ2T3nx.jpg

6ZPSyXI.jpg

WN2q8gS.jpg

dBaHms9.jpg

What a sweet end to a five month drought...a very, very nice catch...

Cheers/bg

I was lucky enough to be able to pick up another knife that Alan made using Bertie Reitveld's "Dragon Skin" Damascus. (Beautiful stuff ... but oh so difficult to photograph. Have to use heavily filtered lighting to prevent reflections in the blade.) This one is just a hair smaller and and narrower, with a 3" blade. It is also a front tab opener, rather than employing a thumb stud. The bolsters on this one are Timascus ... which goes great with the heat anodized Dragon Skin. Alan put a lot of different colors into the carved and file-worked back spacer.

6MR5qQN.jpg

ZEDT2Wo.jpg

9WmZX1O.jpg

FQaQcQG.jpg

ldZXItM.jpg

ka6xm99.jpg

It’s been a year but the drought is over...this just arrived...this one is going to be designated as my DUC (Dress Up Carry)...

Alan Davis Gents Folder
Blade - 2.75” of HHH Carbon Feather Damascus
Bolster - HHH Carbon Feather Damascus
Handle -Presentation Stabilized KOA
Backspacer - File Worked Textured Titanium
OAL - 6.5”, 3.75” Closed

10D49C72-E555-47BD-A1E2-BAAA6936C798.jpeg

Last edited:
Added a new Davis to the collection. Actually, bought it as he was in the process of listing it in the exchange! Beautiful black lip MOP scales with copper snakeskin carbon fiber bolsters and a 3.0625" A2 blade. Alan also added some texturing to the blade spine ... something he did on one of the slip joint's I got from him.

2h7IymJ.jpg

FTViF9m.jpg

FlApdPb.jpg

Last edited:
New Davis in the house! Pounced on this one faster than a cat on a mouse! This liner lock sports nice Sambar stag scales, a 3.0625" blade made from Burke's Dragon's Breath Damascus, and Tony Metsala Damascus bolsters. A real beauty!

FfG9rYI.jpg

2CBVxiK.jpg

LSnhpP1.jpg

MgiSqOz.jpg

There's a new Davis in the house. This smaller slip joint arrived yesterday. Sports some nice natural Sambar stag covers, copper pins, and a 2.75" modified Wharncliffe blade made from some of John Gulso's random pattern Damascus.

7oKIYmc.jpg

N27sTzM.jpg

LMhIqxJ.jpg

My newest just arrived...

Alan Davis Slip Joint
Overall length - 7 3/16”
Blade - 3 3/16” tip to bolster
Alabama ladder pattern carbon damascus with a parkerized finish
Scales- Amber dyed sambar stag
Bolsters & shield - antiqued bronze fluted and textured
Pins - Bronze
Liners- Mill relieved stainless

E71C7D2E-CE43-41EB-B171-B39FD13229DC.jpeg

Here's another new Davis similar to the one BG just got from Alan. This one, however has antiqued copper bolsters and shield. Pins are also copper. Blade is 2.675" and made from some of Del Ealy's random pattern Damascus. I must say, this is going to get lots of pocket time!

Zbj4EwL.jpg

tyLDX0F.jpg

zmbybgZ.jpg

FyOcasW.jpg

Outstanding!!! I am running out of superlatives to describe Alan's knives!!!

I wanted something different so I asked Alan to make me a Nessmuk folder...the result just arrived today...the damascus is Bill Poor’s Gorgon Flower pattern...very pleased am I...

Attachments

• 5B261551-D48A-4DAB-BB7E-C97E794AD4FA.jpeg
    5B261551-D48A-4DAB-BB7E-C97E794AD4FA.jpeg
    87.7 KB · Views: 14
Back