The "Ask Jo (NinJO) Thread"

The new G10 scales for tomorrow's UFK sale: Ghost black, Orange and black, and Red and black:
2-jpg.1068618
1-jpg.1068617

You weren't kidding when you had mentioned that you were experimenting with a few new G10 arrangements pending Nathan's approval. Well done JoJo :thumbsup:

Glad you like them Mat! G10 can only be put on the smaller blades, but I found some colored micarta that will hopefully work out. Still waiting to hear when I'll get it. :)

Great too see you up, scooting and generally NinJo'ing around :)

You already know that fancy (edgecut micarta ;) ) handles are my jam, but I'm sure that you will sell oodles of these new arrangements because you are committed to making oodles & oodles of UFKs aka FK2s :D

I have ordered red and black linen, green and black linen, and a canvas "double red". We'll see... :)
Thanks for giving us (more choices) NinJo:thumbsup:

I'm likin the sound of green and black linen! Love how that linen feels.
I agree, Both the Black and Green, and Red and Black Linen look very nice IMO

Last edited:
One (not so great) thing about g10 is the weight. Have you guys ever considered machining out pockets on the underside of the scales until they match the weight of the micarta variants?
I realize this would add considerable extra time to machining the scales, maybe I just answered my own question! :D
grips_hollow.jpg

Jo

Are the any other pics of the ghost/black G10? You indicated a couple pages back that you may have better ones coming.

Thanks!!!

Jo

Are the any other pics of the ghost/black G10? You indicated a couple pages back that you may have better ones coming.

Thanks

Did you have a chance to view these Shark01 Shark01 ?

I took a bunch of images in the waning sunlight of the Ghost scales. Wherever you turn them you get a different flash of translucency. I picked several ones somewhat randomly to show below, which I think you will find really Ghostly! Just one further comment - when these first arrived, i didn't realize the light would make all the difference in the world and, in fact, thought about returning them! Now, I have been "enlightened". Gorgeous stuff, thanks, Jo!!

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

The new G10 scales for tomorrow's UFK sale: Ghost black, Orange and black, and Red and black:
View attachment 1068618 View attachment 1068617

I am not a big fan of G10 due to the weight but these ghost/black are badass and I think I need an extra set for the UFK.
Are the UF's been offered with the Ghost black G10, I wouldn't mind an extra set of scales for it. I didn't notice it at the time I ordered it.

Are the UF's been offered with the Ghost black G10, I wouldn't mind an extra set of scales for it. I didn't notice it at the time I ordered it.

I’m sorry that I have caused confusion.
UFK refers to Utility Field Knife/Field Knife 2.0 NOT Utility Fighter or UF.

It had been mentioned that if we called the new FK2 a UFK that it would get confused with the UF.

I do not believe that the ghost/black G10 is being offered for the Utility Fighter pre order.

Back