The "Ask Nathan a question" thread

Any chance of getting any spacers for the scales along with longer screws? I love the FK 2
but would prefer a thicker handle.
It would be nice if it was possible.

The HDMC (IIRC) uses the same scales as the MC, but due to the thicker blade stock and tang, the handle is thicker and I REALLY like how the added thickness fits my hand.

If thicker scales were an option to make the other chopper handles as thick as the HDMC's, I'd get a set in Terotuf for both my MC and BC.

Could we get Badmotherfucker on the Behemother as an option?

These are already machined and hardened. I wouldn't say no, but we're talkin stupid money for me to put one of these back onto a machine to attempt to cut that into hardened Delta 3V.

Nathan the Machinist Nathan the Machinist or @Jo the Machinist,

Does the Behemoth have the S grind or is that only on the Behemother?

Thank you!

Although Nathan has already responded, this is an excerpt from one of his Behemoth Choppers Friday sales:

"...The blade grind geometry is based upon the work we've done with Competition Cutters. The grind angles and shallow S grind are optimized for deep penetration with good chip removal and minimal binding. And although this is a stout strong blade it is not thick or overbuilt and clunky. If your experience cutting with large choppers has been with thick heavy knives this is going to be an eye opener for you. And although not remotely competition legal, the 12" Behemoth Chopper would be very competitive on the race course..."

#stillnotnathan

We're trying it both ways. I prefer lengthwise because it hides sheath scratches better but so far we're getting better looking grinds in D3V going perpendicular. A2 finished lovely with the lengthwise but I'm not in love with it on 3V. We're still working on it.

Any updates, or progress made on the Grinds of the DEF's?
EDIT: Should have clarified progress on the Satin Grinds;)

Last edited:
Hi Nathan, the Next Sale thread states that both DE-UF Friday's sale and the BC'er open order are scheduled for next Friday 10/04 and also that sales start at 3:00 PM.

Qs: are both going to be running concurrently at 3:00 PM eastern? DE-UF in the main knifemaker's forum and the BC'er here on CPK-sub? Can you please consider a time separation between the two? IIRC, almost all preorders in the past started at 5:00 PM eastern but this is an open order so I'm just asking for a friend of course ;)

Back