The "Ask Nathan a question" thread

Is there any chance an OD Green pair of scales for a preorder BC could be "massaged" to fit a prototype BC?

Also, will there be an easy way to tell the prototypes from the pre-orders?

~Chip

Is there any chance an OD Green pair of scales for a preorder BC could be "massaged" to fit a prototype BC?

Also, will there be an easy way to tell the prototypes from the pre-orders?

~Chip

They don't really fit. Yes it will be relatively easy to see the difference, the end of it is shaped different.

So it looks like this year there will be a Blade West as well.
http://bladeshow.com/blade-magazine-announces-blade-show-west-in-portland/

Nathan will you be attending this show as well?

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Whuuuuuuuuuuut?

That is so exciting! It's a Blade Show that I can make it to! ON MY BIRTHDAY!!!

I mean, we already get the OKCA show in Eugene in the spring, this is awesome... Except, if I get accepted to the PhD program I am hoping for I might be in Texas. :(:eek: Blade is coming to Oregon for my birthday and I might be leaving? This is awesome/tragic.

Last edited:
Hey Nathan, quick question...Couldn't pm you so figured I'd post here. I saw you were going to be making more of the radius and chiller platens.... What time frame are you thinking they will be done (need to make sure I have the $$ because I NEED them haha) and secondly, will you be posting a thread here in the knife maker section once you have them ready or only be posting them on your site? Thanks...
I posted those up today

With Nathan's permission, I'd like to post the link to the above referenced conversation on here for those "students" of CPK, like yours truly, who have a penchant for Nathan's shared knowledge and information. Some of you already own these CPKs so I think it will be educational as to what processes are parts and parcels of the steps taken in producing your knives:

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...s-flat-platens-water-cooled-chillers.1553414/

P.S. apparently CPK's platens do also sell like hotcakes as do their knives ;)

With Nathan's permission, I'd like to post the link to the above referenced conversation on here for those "students" of CPK, like yours truly, who have a penchant for Nathan's shared knowledge and information

I heard about Nathan's chillers before I knew he made knives. After hearing/reading a bunch of good things said about them around the forum I got curious and checked them out. Owning a metal-working shop, I could immediately see the benefit, not to mention the quality of workmanship. Here, we have to finish out carbide tooling finely and with tight tolerances, but on different machinery. However, if we needed to work metal in the manner he shows in those threads, these would be a no-brainer purchase for us.

P.S. apparently CPK's platens do also sell like hotcakes as do their knives ;)

Yep. I predict much weeping and gnashing of teeth when those are gone.

I heard about Nathan's chillers before I knew he made knives. After hearing/reading a bunch of good things said about them around the forum I got curious and checked them out. Owning a metal-working shop, I could immediately see the benefit, not to mention the quality of workmanship. Here, we have to finish out carbide tooling finely and with tight tolerances, but on different machinery. However, if we needed to work metal in the manner he shows in those threads, these would be a no-brainer purchase for us.

Yep. I predict much weeping and gnashing of teeth when those are gone.

I've been waiting for about 2 years or something... last batch was about 2-3 years ago I believe. Really excited I had the chance to score some! I've got a 8" CPK shiv in right now for refinishing to a satin longitudinal finish so this will be really nice!

I've been waiting for about 2 years or something... last batch was about 2-3 years ago I believe. Really excited I had the chance to score some! I've got a 8" CPK shiv in right now for refinishing to a satin longitudinal finish so this will be really nice!

@grogimus is a real BOZO!

Inside joke guys, so don't mind us and please carry on with your scheduled daily programs ;)

Sweet! Glad you got the chance to add those to your arsenal. I knew it had been awhile since the last ones, but didn't realize it was that long. Cheers sir.

Back