The "Ask Nathan a question" thread

Roger that, thanks Nathan! I'll keep an eye out and I'll take anything with antique micarta scales...........

Are OD green scales available for the Behemoth chopper? I was going to pm To to ask but her inbox is full.

Thanks,
~Chip

“ Nathan ”

Just a quick thought , but now that we have a pet thread. Any chance of a custom dog tag offering for our four paw friends ? Or even custom tags we could order then have engraved ? It’s just a thought :)

Nathan the Machinist Nathan the Machinist , any chance of seeing the fk2 offered in your D2? I love your D3V, and it excels with my light chopper. However I have zero interest in beating the daylights out of a knife the size of the field knife, either past or future version. And I kinda fell in love with your D2. Outstanding feels like an appropriate description. I'd love to see this offered.

Are OD green scales available for the Behemoth chopper? I was going to pm To to ask but her inbox is full.

Thanks,
~Chip

If you're talking about for the preorder, yes, that was one of the options listed. If you mean for an existing BC prototype, no, there are a few changed from the prototype to the production model so they are not interchangeable.

“ Nathan ”

Just a quick thought , but now that we have a pet thread. Any chance of a custom dog tag offering for our four paw friends ? Or even custom tags we could order then have engraved ? It’s just a thought :)

It's an interesting thought but I don't think I want to venture into making dog tags.

Nathan the Machinist Nathan the Machinist , any chance of seeing the fk2 offered in your D2? I love your D3V, and it excels with my light chopper. However I have zero interest in beating the daylights out of a knife the size of the field knife, either past or future version. And I kinda fell in love with your D2. Outstanding feels like an appropriate description. I'd love to see this offered.

Yes, I do plan to do the FK2 in D2 at some point. It's a very good fit.

Hey Nathan,

Do you attend any other knife shows besides Blade?

Great news on the UF. Bring it.

Sorry, I missed this question the first time around. No we just do the Blade Show in Atlanta. It's difficult to find time to get out of the shop but that's the one show we do make it to.

Reactions: mb>
It's an interesting thought but I don't think I want to venture into making dog tags.
Thanks yeah that’s how I felt it being an interesting thought but about it. I was kinda figuring with 2018 having such a full board this was a loooooooong shot :)
Would make a great gag sale item or stocking stuffers :) lol

Hey Nathan, do you think an EDC2 in D2 might make a nice skinner since it has more belly than the original?

Obviously, I am not Nathan, and I too am looking forward to his response, but I just wanted to say that I think that the D3V EDC2 would make a great skinning knife. I have been trying the EDC2 out for the last few weeks, and I thought that it would be pretty ideal for skinning type work. I didn't actually skin any animals, but the handle and blade are wonderfully designed for using in a scalpel grip. I did shave thin pieces of wood using the scalpel grip just to see how easy it was to control, and it was really easy. The EDC2 also worked really well for trimming meat and such.

And in the D3V knives I have used from CPK I have been really impressed with the fine edge retention.

Obviously, I am not Nathan, and I too am looking forward to his response, but I just wanted to say that I think that the D3V EDC2 would make a great skinning knife. I have been trying the EDC2 out for the last few weeks, and I thought that it would be pretty ideal for skinning type work. I didn't actually skin any animals, but the handle and blade are wonderfully designed for using in a scalpel grip. I did shave thin pieces of wood using the scalpel grip just to see how easy it was to control, and it was really easy. The EDC2 also worked really well for trimming meat and such.

And in the D3V knives I have used from CPK I have been really impressed with the fine edge retention.

I’m sure the D3V will work just fine. However, Nathan has previously stated that his D2 is ideally suited for skinning. I was just trying to give Nathan a reason to do a D2 run.:thumbsup:;)

If you're talking about for the preorder, yes, that was one of the options listed. If you mean for an existing BC prototype, no, there are a few changed from the prototype to the production model so they are not interchangeable.

Thanks Nathan, the question was in regards to a prototype BC I just acquired. Is there any chance a pair could be "massaged" to fit?

Also, will there be an easy way to tell the prototypes from the pre-orders?

~Chip

Back