The "Ask Nathan a question" thread

Andy,

I had those and the liner won't push you over. I had a slight rattle in my sheath which I imagine the liner would correct.

I’m a novice and use simple DMT plates (diamonds). I haven’t found any steel too troublesome (incl. S110V etc.)

How about Nitro-V? I think I read it's like AEB-L but with added toughness or higher edge retention. I'm not sure what the trade-off is, though. Maybe not as easy to sharpen? I don't have any personal experience with it, but it sounds like it would be some good stuff and the name sounds cool.

How about Nitro-V? I think I read it's like AEB-L but with added toughness or higher edge retention. I'm not sure what the trade-off is, though. Maybe not as easy to sharpen? I don't have any personal experience with it, but it sounds like it would be some good stuff and the name sounds cool.

That’s an idea.

All I know for sure is I’d love a stainless option I don’t have to worry about.

Yessss I echo the above. A stainless steel option (alongside D3V) for the UF and FK2 paaawease!

Since this is sort of a wish list of steels, I will throw in a vote for a Cowry-X version of the UF. It's not stainless, not easy to sharpen, and not cheap. So yeah, fits CPK perfectly... :rolleyes:

I know, chances are about the same as finding carbon in H1 steel...

Huntsman Knife Co was using it a bunch but has recently stopped due to some cracking issues (not his I believe but as it is a newer steel I do not know what the long term useage looks like). Just read that the other day on the sub forum (was browsing machetes as LC’s are long gone in the wind).

Overall it sounds like a potential winner for stainless options though.

Back