The "Baddest Blade In The Land" Returns!!!. . . . . .

Everyone should have a Mistress. My preference is for my first; the very sexy OG model dressed in sleek CBT. This new lady should be amazing, as well.

blueberrymuffins-12.jpg
url

I have a battle grade double talon battle mistress, and I have a question, what is the main difference between the DTBM and the FBM? I mean, other than than the different handle, different spine, and a little bit difference in blade length. The blade of the FBM seems a bit wider than the DTBM, correct?

I have a battle grade double talon battle mistress, and I have a question, what is the main difference between the DTBM and the FBM? I mean, other than than the different handle, different spine, and a little bit difference in blade length. The blade of the FBM seems a bit wider than the DTBM, correct?

Lol! :D I think you answered your own question...

ok, that is pretty cool.
Can we order it naked like here in the first post or does it come with the black finish as in the pic I got in the email notice?
Thanks guys for the fantastic knives.
ETA: OK, I see now that it was in fact a pic in the second page, not the first post.

Last edited:
Might just be my eyes playing tricks on me, but this BG version looks to have a higher saber grind than the model Rob posted a pic of.

It does look a little higher. It will make it super slicey, yet with enough guts behind it for hard chopping use.

Is this the same length as the other FBM's?

In case you didn't already find it, yes, 10" is the normal length for the FBMs. The Ergos are a little shorter at 9.5" and the BWMs and NMFBMs are a bit longer (10.25" and 11.5", respectively) based on publish specs.

Ref, under "Mistress": http://bussecollector.com/catalog/
(Seeing the old prices I missed out on always makes me tear up a little, lol :()

I have a DTBM as well and look forward to finding out what all those little differences add up to...

I have a DTBM as well and look forward to finding out what all those little differences add up to...
Same here - spec wise, pretty similar to my DTBM. If it had CBT, would have pushed me over the fence. Besides, all these offerings in between add more time before shipping of that TGLB LE that's coming soon! So I'm glad these already sold out in the first hour, so now it's all about next week :p

o_O 2:15 am post...I'll chop this one up as that and leave it there.

Speaking of chopping, did you guys check out the Field n Stream link in the email for, "The 20 Best Knives Ever Made?" Just two sentences and two hypothetical questions in, I had to stop reading as the 'Author' referenced chopping down a, "Telephone pole." :rolleyes:

i am in.
definetly in.
how to order ? its not on the web page however the email states the offer begins on 30-08 ... ?

i am in.
definetly in.
how to order ? its not on the web page however the email states the offer begins on 30-08 ... ?

Sometimes it doesnt go live until later in the afternoon. I imagine it will be up in a few hours.

Back