1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

The "Baddest Blade In The Land" Returns!!!. . . . . .

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Jerry Busse, Aug 29, 2017.

1. clampdaddy

clampdaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 31, 2013
    I have really become a fan of the look of black canvas and bare SR101 after it gets a good patina on it. Makes for a very "tough" looking blade. This thing is gonna look awesome.

beaverballs, Hard Knocks and Dicko like this.
  2. clampdaddy

Aug 31, 2013
    Is this the same length as the other FBM's?

3. resinguy

resinguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Everyone should have a Mistress. My preference is for my first; the very sexy OG model dressed in sleek CBT. This new lady should be amazing, as well.

4. RobStanley

RobStanley

Dec 27, 2006
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Busto, Aias and ScoMa like this.
  5. clampdaddy

Aug 31, 2013
    Saying a little prayer that the grinder gremlin keeps his filthy little claws off of these beauties.

beaverballs and jeepin like this.
  6. xxwarderxx

xxwarderxx Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 27, 2015
    This will make a lot of people happy. This has been requested many many times.

Might just be my eyes playing tricks on me, but this BG version looks to have a higher saber grind than the model Rob posted a pic of.

Doesn't look like magnum vs standard handles are an option anymore. That's too bad.

7. jd4320t

jd4320t

Jul 30, 2012
    Wow. Take my money.

8. Quiff

Quiff

Aug 10, 2013
    I have a battle grade double talon battle mistress, and I have a question, what is the main difference between the DTBM and the FBM? I mean, other than than the different handle, different spine, and a little bit difference in blade length. The blade of the FBM seems a bit wider than the DTBM, correct?

9. SpyderPhreak

SpyderPhreak Rocketman for hire Platinum Member

Apr 13, 2004
    Lol! :D I think you answered your own question...

David Brown likes this.
  10. zombieassassin

zombieassassin Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Wow, woke up to this awesomeness!

11. FerFAL

FerFAL

Aug 15, 2007
    ok, that is pretty cool.
    Can we order it naked like here in the first post or does it come with the black finish as in the pic I got in the email notice?
    Thanks guys for the fantastic knives.
    ETA: OK, I see now that it was in fact a pic in the second page, not the first post.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
  12. Whiteshield

Whiteshield

Feb 25, 2016
    No INFI no deal

13. RobStanley

RobStanley

Dec 27, 2006
    It does look a little higher. It will make it super slicey, yet with enough guts behind it for hard chopping use.

14. littlehoot

littlehoot Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2015
    All the trees in my yard just uprooted and ran away!

Leonardo63 and PMC like this.
  15. inkynate

inkynate Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2010
    In case you didn't already find it, yes, 10" is the normal length for the FBMs. The Ergos are a little shorter at 9.5" and the BWMs and NMFBMs are a bit longer (10.25" and 11.5", respectively) based on publish specs.

Ref, under "Mistress": http://bussecollector.com/catalog/
    (Seeing the old prices I missed out on always makes me tear up a little, lol :()

clampdaddy likes this.
  16. inkynate

inkynate Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2010
    I have a DTBM as well and look forward to finding out what all those little differences add up to...

17. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    Same here - spec wise, pretty similar to my DTBM. If it had CBT, would have pushed me over the fence. Besides, all these offerings in between add more time before shipping of that TGLB LE that's coming soon! So I'm glad these already sold out in the first hour, so now it's all about next week :p

hydeinmind likes this.
  18. Phixt

Phixt

May 28, 2016
    o_O 2:15 am post...I'll chop this one up as that and leave it there.

Speaking of chopping, did you guys check out the Field n Stream link in the email for, "The 20 Best Knives Ever Made?" Just two sentences and two hypothetical questions in, I had to stop reading as the 'Author' referenced chopping down a, "Telephone pole." :rolleyes:

19. teclis22

teclis22

Jun 10, 2009
    i am in.
    definetly in.
    how to order ? its not on the web page however the email states the offer begins on 30-08 ... ?

20. argyle1812

argyle1812

Mar 6, 2016
    Sometimes it doesnt go live until later in the afternoon. I imagine it will be up in a few hours.