The Bears' Den--Shirogorov Showcase

When did Recon1 become a Shiro dealer? I got my F3 from a Russian guy on eBay possibly before.

Shirogorov's official relationship with that particular dealer goes back at least to January of 2016. Knifecenter has been an authorized Shiro dealer since 2019 and is a BF supporting dealer while the former is not.

Oops--double post. Might as well add a couple pics of yesterday's carry.

WzI7fTE.jpg

tWnDohC.jpg

Things are pretty good, my friend, enjoying more leisure and less work in my semi-retirement. No new Shiro's since I got the RDD from you, but have added a few nice pieces--most recently a sweet Cheburkov Hudson (Gudzon) Lightweight with an all-CF side like the Hati.

How're things on your side of the canal? Still playing with knives and hanging on to a few of your Shiros?

Things are good and getting better this side of the canal. I hung onto my favorite Shiros: NeOn Lite, F3R and Sigma. Still playing knives and occasionally using them but enjoying my retirement from accumulating more knives than I could I ever use

Shirogorov's official relationship with that particular dealer goes back at least to January of 2016. Knifecenter has been an authorized Shiro dealer since 2019 and is a BF supporting dealer while the former is not.

I wasn’t aware of Knifecenter. Thanks. I have a small regret in my CF-side HatiOn Lite. The different sides are incongruous. Maybe I should flip it and snag a Neon Zero from them. I think I like its looks better. But they don’t have much inventory now.

Appearance aside, it’s an EDC phenom. Love the blade geometry.

I foolishly passed on a Neon Retro a while back and got the HatiOn Lite instead while I was going through a carbon fiber phase.

I’ve also thought of DLC’ing the Ti side and keeping it.

Last edited:
I thought it was True North Knives!!! Loved the cannabis and still drool over a picture of one if n when they pop up!!
You’re right, it’s been a while. I bought a few Mnandis from they but got my CannaBus second hand

Last posted in this thread back around page 30 or so having a F95 T and a Neon - those got sold as I rotated through other brands/makers/etc - but I've returned to the Bear Squad this week with this glorious F3R - had been on the lookout for an NS but honestly I think I prefer this blade shape to the new style.

Looking forward to getting this into the pocket and get some use out of it.

Edit: In getting this in hand and looking at the knife and box, I believe this is actually just a standard F3 - maybe an earlier model. It was sold to me as an F3R, but appears to be Srbs, and old style clip/S30V. If anyone has confirmation one way or another - let me know.

I haven't seen standard F3 with 3D CF scales so not quite sure - I'll post some more pictures later.

Price wasnt bad and I like the piece so not bothered if it does end up being a standard F3.

uvmxEl1_d.webp

The feel in hand is absolutely fantastic.

Last edited:
The F3 pattern is the best hard use folder I’ve come across. It’s blade geometry and handle ergonomics are unequalled in my experience. It just fits my hand perfectly.

Last posted in this thread back around page 30 or so having a F95 T and a Neon - those got sold as I rotated through other brands/makers/etc - but I've returned to the Bear Squad this week with this glorious F3R - had been on the lookout for an NS but honestly I think I prefer this blade shape to the new style.

Edit: In getting this in hand and looking at the knife and box, I believe this is actually just a standard F3 - maybe an earlier model. It was sold to me as an F3R, but appears to be Srbs, and old style clip/S30V. If anyone has confirmation one way or another - let me know.

I haven't seen standard F3 with 3D CF scales so not quite sure - I'll post some more pictures later.

Price wasnt bad and I like the piece so not bothered if it does end up being a standard F3.

uvmxEl1_d.webp

I like the blade profile on the F3/F3R as well. Let's see some more pics.

uvmxEl1_d.webp

I'm not seeing a pic, just any empty box with a question mark icon.

Edit: Funny, I do see the pic on my Android phone now, but not on my MacBook Air.

Last edited:

uvmxEl1_d.webp

The 5/6 grind suggests it’s an F3R if an early model as the base model F3 has a full flat grind. You’re probably right that’s it’s an earlier F3 before they produced the two serial tiers. Does it have a titanium backspacer? What steel? Just curious, I have an F3R that looks just like it with M390 and is probably my favorite knife other than the room it takes up in the pocket

Back