The Beer Scout Knife

4b458508af9c1b2205b328af63303eac.jpg

Cheers and Amen y'all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a pre order in over at Collector Knives. They emailed me right back to confirm. So does anyone have any experience with that site? I've been waiting for another round of Beer Scouts since I missed out on the first round.

I got a pre order in over at Collector Knives. They emailed me right back to confirm. So does anyone have any experience with that site? I've been waiting for another round of Beer Scouts since I missed out on the first round.

You will be pleased. Great service and best prices.

Im patiently waiting for the #15 Boys knife cap lifter variants. Probably a good thing because I've totally blown my budget on knives for the rest of the year. And I still have 2 others on reserve!?! Anyway, I am a big fan of the shieldless boys knives in general and this one will be a great addition to the lineup I'm sure.

Im patiently waiting for the #15 Boys knife cap lifter variants. Probably a good thing because I've totally blown my budget on knives for the rest of the year. And I still have 2 others on reserve!?! Anyway, I am a big fan of the shieldless boys knives in general and this one will be a great addition to the lineup I'm sure.

I'm glad to hear that. This is going to be first time spending over 50 bucks for a knife. I've had some good blades over the years, but usually Bucks, Case or Victorinox. When I get that Beer Scout, it'll go straight into my pocket or maybe after I use it on a bottle of beer.

I'm glad to hear that. This is going to be first time spending over 50 bucks for a knife. I've had some good blades over the years, but usually Bucks, Case or Victorinox. When I get that Beer Scout, it'll go straight into my pocket or maybe after I use it on a bottle of beer.
My buddies at work think I'm crazy spending this much on knives. You will like the fit and finish compared to case or buck. Non knife people can pick my beer scout up and see the difference compared to their case knives. Materials, blade centering, etc... . It's a true joy to carry and I use that bottle opener like a champ. I'm trying to wear it out.

Me too. Maybe we can persuade them to re-issue some Radio Jacks...

Yesterday, one of my sons returned home for his 21st birthday with a passel of friends and an assortment of beverages with which to celebrate the milestone.

At some point in the evening, there was a rising crescendo of rustling in kitchen drawers, utensil jars, etc.

I asked what was they were looking for?

"We need something to open our beer."

EvilGrin.gif~original

[For those scoring at home, my micarta Scout got the nod, all others being currently tucked away for Titusville. Otherwise, I'd have grabbed an ebony Radio Knife ("radio" knife?). The micarta is coming along to its birthplace, too, but accessibly so throughout.]

:D

~ P.

I'm late to the beer Scout scene so this may have already been answered... I have one on pre-order in wood (not my first choice, rather have bone) any word or speculation on what type of wood they might show up in?

I'm late to the beer Scout scene so this may have already been answered... I have one on pre-order in wood (not my first choice, rather have bone) any word or speculation on what type of wood they might show up in?

It seems that they are going to use old oak whiskey barrels to source the wood for the upcoming beer scouts. I'm not sure if that has been confirmed but it's being strongly hinted on the GEC website.

It seems that they are going to use old oak whiskey barrels to source the wood for the upcoming beer scouts. I'm not sure if that has been confirmed but it's being strongly hinted on the GEC website.

Collector Knives also lists the wood as beer barrel oak.

I have reserved some and waiting for some I bought second-hand to arrive any day now. They are new and unused and I can't wait to USE them on my Sam Adams Octoberfest!! LOVE this time of year!!

These are coming up fast - right after the 2016 BladeForums club knife.

The Beer Scouts will have the Sheepfoot blade and cap lifter, beer scout shield, a bail at the end, and an easy open notch, and will be in 1095 carbon steel. :):):)

The Boy's knives will be similar, but w/o the shield and bail, and in the usual handle materials. :):):)

There are plenty of these to go around, so no need to panic if you don't have the model you want reserved.:D:D:D

I missed the last batch. Perhaps I'll pay more attention this time.

Very cool knife.
And I have been wanting to dip my toes in the traditional pool for quite some time now. It couldn't hurt if that pool was full of BEER!

If they make it with the spear point, I'll have to try and get in on this. I'm just not feeling that sheepsfoot.

Back