1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

THE BUSSE CHAT THREAD!

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by FAL'ER, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Currawong

Currawong Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 19, 2012
    I was mowing the grass around the property just then with the ride on mower and noticed this guy. I must have run over it and killed it. There are a lot of snakes around at the moment.

[​IMG]

ScoMa likes this.
  2. Currawong

May 19, 2012
    double post

3. Currawong

May 19, 2012

4. ScoMa

ScoMa Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 13, 2017
    That’s a clean shoot right there! :thumbsup: I used to like snakes, but now my views on them more closely reflect those of Indiana Jones. A Pygmy Rattler got a single fang into to base of my left pinky one day on a construction site. Thankfully, I didn’t lose my finger, and my employer’s insurance handled the medical bills. Three days in the ICU, five or six doses of anti-venom later, and we’re talking hundreds of thousands of dollars. :eek: In the whole scheme of things, it wasn’t that bad of a time. They gave me dilaudid. :cool: Ever since that experience, seeing a snake (even a non-venomous one!) in person triggers a primal instinct to Run away! Run away! Anyway, I guess what I’m trying to say is, Mow Hard.

5. JohnTheTexican

JohnTheTexican Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2006
    What is that one?

6. JohnTheTexican

Jul 1, 2006
    What is that one?

7. Currawong

May 19, 2012
    To me it looks like a red-bellied black snake, except that the belly is white. Colours vary though. It's a bit hard to tell since it's upside down.

8. Private Klink

Private Klink Gold Member Gold Member

May 30, 2017
    The important thing is that it is DEAD!:D

ScoMa likes this.
  9. Private Klink

May 30, 2017
    The important thing is that it is DEAD!:D

ScoMa likes this.
  10. Haldir00

Haldir00 Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2003
    Snakes are like spinach (or insert hated vegetable here)...you might not like them, but they're good for you. Better if you can just let them be or shoo them away. As a youth my dad used to catch snakes for Bill Haast down in S. Florida, and he was always impressing (and scaring) us kids by catching the blacks, rats, indigos and diamondbacks around the property. While I've never liked them, I do appreciate them. Although I must admit, a brown snake flying towards you is a little different matter...

11. littlehoot

littlehoot Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2015
    Without snakes we would quickly be overwhelmed with rodents, they kill and eat far more than all other ways rodents are eliminated.

They ARE the perfect mousetrap.

Please only kill them if venomous, and only then if you must.

tuica likes this.
  12. tinfoil hat timmy

tinfoil hat timmy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Theres a ton of snakes out there on two feet could use a good riding over, donchaknow.

dogboye likes this.
  13. Private Klink

May 30, 2017
    They're called Democrats! :rolleyes:

dogboye likes this.
  14. JohnTheTexican

Jul 1, 2006

15. FAL'ER

FAL'ER Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2010
    20201128_151221.jpg

luethge likes this.
  16. FAL'ER

FAL'ER Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2010
    20201128_151418.jpg
    All 3 food groups represented here!

luethge likes this.
  17. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Well, THAT's about scary AF! I have nothing against snakes. But that is predicated on them staying on the ground, or at least in contact with a surface. NOT leaping at my f-in' face or chest! I HAVE had a black snake drop from above the garage and just miss me. But that was from my opening the garage. The second time it happened, as much as I would have liked him to stay and catch any mice, I decided to relocate him to my woods. Unharmed. But if it had landed on my shoulders, both of us would have probably gotten hurt, by my uncoordinated, spastic ninja moves! :eek:

I generally go out of my way to keep a snake from getting hurt, if I get the chance. At least that goes for non-venomous ones. It pains me when I see a black snake, or one of the garter snake varieties, smashed flat on the road my dog and I walk. Venomous.... don't know so much about. Off my property, I will go out of my way to just leave them alone. But I'm not going to stop and help one across the road (the way I end up "helping" most snakes). They are on their own. Around my house, I won't stand for their occupation. I carry a pistol loaded with snakeshot all summer doing yard work.

ScoMa likes this.
  18. Currawong

May 19, 2012
    We had a lot of bushfires in Australia this time last year. We should hopefully have a lot less this Summer because of all the rain we've been getting (last year was the end of a long drought).

However, more rain means more green growth and therefore more snakes. So last year I spent 6 weeks defending against fires, this year I'm spending a lot of time mowing and trying not to get bitten. If it's not one thing it's another.

Also, a magpie just flew into the window near me and broke its neck.

19. Private Klink

May 30, 2017
    That's life "down under" for you!:D

20. Currawong

May 19, 2012
    That is a nice ASH1 there. Good to see it dirty. What have you been doing to it?

Mine isn't so well loved yet.

[​IMG]

I did strip it in the last few days, so it's a bit better looking now...

[​IMG]

tuica, Twoody and ScoMa like this.
  21. Private Klink

May 30, 2017
    Nice strip job.:thumbsup: