THE BUSSE CHAT THREAD!

I know what knife I want to buy on the second hand market. I won't mention it here because I don't want to break any rules. I've looked at the Want To Buy forum and there are a lot of posts and VERY few replies. For those of you that do a lot of buying and selling, or just have a big collection you don't mind getting rid of an occasional blade, do you ever check the WTB or do you just create a "for sale" thread. Is there a better way to get the word out about what I'm looking for other than the WTB forum?

Does anybody "know a guy"
If so, feel free to message me.

I've got lots of knives and occasionally consider selling some, but usually don't get around to posting a "for sale" thread and almost never check the "want to buy" forum.

You might want to add a sig line saying what you're looking for, or post in the WTB and put a link in your sig line. I think that's probably the best way to find a not terribly motivated seller who might have what you're looking for.

(Click on you avatar at the top of the page next to your screen name and select "signature.")

So which one are you lusting after?

Do what I did down below, and link it up to your wanted to buy ad.

I've got lots of knives and occasionally consider selling some, but usually don't get around to posting a "for sale" thread and almost never check the "want to buy" forum.

You might want to add a sig line saying what you're looking for, or post in the WTB and put a link in your sig line. I think that's probably the best way to find a not terribly motivated seller who might have what you're looking for.

(Click on you avatar at the top of the page next to your screen name and select "signature.")

I did the signature thing. Thanks for the idea.

I did the signature thing. Thanks for the idea.
I want that very same version, hard to find a coated and Nuked together. Coated yes, Nuked yes, coated and nuked, not every month you see one of those pop up.

For the sake of conversation, lets say you could go back in time to when those were released (year and a half ago, ish).
What colors would you get?
Handle and blade?

And I think, but I'm not 100% positive, Forsaken would have to have the "Nano Fusion" handle as opposed to the "Fusion" handle.

Also, the wanted to buy ads do work, I was able to secure two SYKCO Scrapper 5 CG's. Took about a month.

It doesn't have to be nuked, but it would be nice. I would be perfectly happy with just forsaken for the right price. I've contacted some older for sale threads, and never gotten a response, and they can't be PM'd. Guessing they let their paid subscription laps. I went back 120 pages (almost two years) on the exchange. I'd get black blade and blue/black G10

This is great info. I’ve found a couple older blades this way.

As it’s been mentioned, looking at older sales threads can yield good results.

I want that very same version, hard to find a coated and Nuked together. Coated yes, Nuked yes, coated and nuked, not every month you see one of those pop up.

Yup. I guess pretty much everyone who was willing to pay an extra $110 for the Nuclear Option was also willing to cough up the extra $40 for competition. I did see some coated ones in the Christmas in July grab bags, though. Mine was muddy with green and black G10 (and still is).

And I think, but I'm not 100% positive, Forsaken would have to have the "Nano Fusion" handle as opposed to the "Fusion" handle.

You are correct. And I think the official name is just "Forsaken Steel Heart." At least that's how Jerry referred to it when it was introduced (as you can see here).

The HR2 is a lot like a nuked Forsaken Steel Heart, in that they're about the same size with a similar blade profile, and the HR2 comes standard with the fuller that costs $110 extra on the Forsaken Steel Heart. And it's available on the Busse website now.

Yup. I guess pretty much everyone who was willing to pay an extra $110 for the Nuclear Option was also willing to cough up the extra $40 for competition. I did see some coated ones in the Christmas in July grab bags, though. Mine was muddy with green and black G10 (and still is).

You are correct. And I think the official name is just "Forsaken Steel Heart." At least that's how Jerry referred to it when it was introduced (as you can see here).

The HR2 is a lot like a nuked Forsaken Steel Heart, in that they're about the same size with a similar blade profile, and the HR2 comes standard with the fuller that costs $110 extra on the Forsaken Steel Heart. And it's available on the Busse website now.

I hear you about the HR2, but it's all about the fusion handle for me. I'll be perfectly happy with whatever FSH I find, nuked would just be a bonus.

Like I mentioned a while back, a NFHR2 would make me sell one of my kids if I had to.

Let me check my collection. Are your kids good at yard work?

What the heck happened with ammo prices? Or more specifically .223/5.56 ammo prices?

I got an email ad from CheaperThanDirt offering 50 round boxes of Lake City XM855 / SS109, with a limit of two boxes. I thought that must be wrong because who limits you to 100 rounds online? That's crazy. Then I clicked on the link and saw that it was a $100 per box. I thought that couldn't be right, but the 20 round boxes were $40. Two bucks a round for 5.56!?!? $200 for 100 rounds!!! Can that be real? And they're calling that "cheaper than dirt"???!!!??? I can get .458 SOCOM for less than that right now. And I've paid less per round for .50 BMG (although it's been a while).

Last time I bought SS109, I paid about $200 for a thousand round case. One tenth of what Cheaper Than Dirt's selling it for right now. I looked around on the interwebs a bit, and even places like SGAmmo are about four times what I paid a couple years ago. Other places have it advertised for less, but they don't have any to sell.

How long has this been going on? Is it the COVID riot stuff? The election? A combination? Something else?

I've been preparing for the zombie apocalypse since before Y2K, so I have a several lifetimes supply socked away, but what are sane people supposed to do?

Last edited:
Found this from way back ( my dad posting) and yes i have this now. has anyone ever seen this one?
Considering I waited 3 years to get this one, it will go to Porkybear II after I am gone. This was my grail, my have to have knife!!! It is a TRICKSTER MOJO but this one is a ONE OF A KIND 3/8" THICK MONSTER!!! Actually that is not really true: 3/8" = .375", this fat biatch mics out at .406"!!!!!!!!!
Photos can not do it justice, you have to hold it to feel the power of this knife. Thank you Jerry, as far as I am concerned, this was your MASTERPIECE!!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Back