1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

THE BUSSE CHAT THREAD!

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by FAL'ER, Aug 11, 2020.

1. JohnTheTexican

JohnTheTexican Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2006
    I've got lots of knives and occasionally consider selling some, but usually don't get around to posting a "for sale" thread and almost never check the "want to buy" forum.

You might want to add a sig line saying what you're looking for, or post in the WTB and put a link in your sig line. I think that's probably the best way to find a not terribly motivated seller who might have what you're looking for.

(Click on you avatar at the top of the page next to your screen name and select "signature.")

tuica, Chevelleface and Jaxx like this.
  2. FAL'ER

FAL'ER Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2010
    So which one are you lusting after?

Do what I did down below, and link it up to your wanted to buy ad.

3. cobrajet

cobrajet Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2012
    I did the signature thing. Thanks for the idea.

4. FAL'ER

Mar 31, 2010
    I want that very same version, hard to find a coated and Nuked together. Coated yes, Nuked yes, coated and nuked, not every month you see one of those pop up.

For the sake of conversation, lets say you could go back in time to when those were released (year and a half ago, ish).
    What colors would you get?
    Handle and blade?

And I think, but I'm not 100% positive, Forsaken would have to have the "Nano Fusion" handle as opposed to the "Fusion" handle.

5. FAL'ER

Mar 31, 2010
    Also, the wanted to buy ads do work, I was able to secure two SYKCO Scrapper 5 CG's. Took about a month.

6. cobrajet

Mar 31, 2012
    It doesn't have to be nuked, but it would be nice. I would be perfectly happy with just forsaken for the right price. I've contacted some older for sale threads, and never gotten a response, and they can't be PM'd. Guessing they let their paid subscription laps. I went back 120 pages (almost two years) on the exchange. I'd get black blade and blue/black G10

FAL'ER and tuica like this.
  7. Chevelleface

Chevelleface Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Aug 7, 2012
    This is great info. I’ve found a couple older blades this way.

tuica likes this.
  8. tuica

tuica Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2013
    As it’s been mentioned, looking at older sales threads can yield good results.

FAL'ER likes this.
  9. JohnTheTexican

Jul 1, 2006
    Yup. I guess pretty much everyone who was willing to pay an extra $110 for the Nuclear Option was also willing to cough up the extra $40 for competition. I did see some coated ones in the Christmas in July grab bags, though. Mine was muddy with green and black G10 (and still is).

You are correct. And I think the official name is just "Forsaken Steel Heart." At least that's how Jerry referred to it when it was introduced (as you can see here).

The HR2 is a lot like a nuked Forsaken Steel Heart, in that they're about the same size with a similar blade profile, and the HR2 comes standard with the fuller that costs $110 extra on the Forsaken Steel Heart. And it's available on the Busse website now.

10. cobrajet

Mar 31, 2012
    I hear you about the HR2, but it's all about the fusion handle for me. I'll be perfectly happy with whatever FSH I find, nuked would just be a bonus.

11. FAL'ER

Mar 31, 2010
    Yep, I found a SYKCO 411 from a 6 year old thread last month.

tuica likes this.
  12. cobrajet

Mar 31, 2012
    Like I mentioned a while back, a NFHR2 would make me sell one of my kids if I had to.

13. FAL'ER

Mar 31, 2010
    You know what?
    Agreed.

14. tuica

tuica Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Let me check my collection. Are your kids good at yard work?

15. cobrajet

Mar 31, 2012
    We have four maple trees, they are great at raking.

16. JohnTheTexican

Jul 1, 2006
    What the heck happened with ammo prices? Or more specifically .223/5.56 ammo prices?

I got an email ad from CheaperThanDirt offering 50 round boxes of Lake City XM855 / SS109, with a limit of two boxes. I thought that must be wrong because who limits you to 100 rounds online? That's crazy. Then I clicked on the link and saw that it was a $100 per box. I thought that couldn't be right, but the 20 round boxes were $40. Two bucks a round for 5.56!?!? $200 for 100 rounds!!! Can that be real? And they're calling that "cheaper than dirt"???!!!??? I can get .458 SOCOM for less than that right now. And I've paid less per round for .50 BMG (although it's been a while).

Last time I bought SS109, I paid about $200 for a thousand round case. One tenth of what Cheaper Than Dirt's selling it for right now. I looked around on the interwebs a bit, and even places like SGAmmo are about four times what I paid a couple years ago. Other places have it advertised for less, but they don't have any to sell.

How long has this been going on? Is it the COVID riot stuff? The election? A combination? Something else?

I've been preparing for the zombie apocalypse since before Y2K, so I have a several lifetimes supply socked away, but what are sane people supposed to do?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
    David Lennon likes this.
  17. Private Klink

Private Klink Gold Member Gold Member

May 30, 2017
    Cheaper Than Dirt got greedy.:mad: There are other places who sell the ammo for a LOT less.;)

18. FAL'ER

Mar 31, 2010
    CTD has been doing that since 2012 ish. Screw them.

19. Porkybear2

Porkybear2

Jun 18, 2006
    Found this from way back ( my dad posting) and yes i have this now. has anyone ever seen this one?

20. tinfoil hat timmy

tinfoil hat timmy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Pics please?