THE BUSSE CHAT THREAD!

I just checked your helpful link. And it looks like it’s a separate entity from BF. Thanks.
Oh yeah, totally. I thought you were screwing with me there.
Yeah there's threads all the way back to 09/2006. Good resource.

No liners, It's a skinny. I'll measure with calipers or a tape measure, What is most helpful to you?
Also where you want the measurement.

No liners, It's a skinny. I'll measure with calipers or a tape measure, What is most helpful to you?
Also where you want the measurement.

Good lookin’ out bro. Most helpful to me would be with a tape measure from the thickest part of the scale in the middle to the opposite side.

Is that one a BG or CG?

It's a CG.
I'm seeing 3/8. Thats just the thickness of the scale from the middle out.
I held the tape taught and I had the tape in the center when I got the 3/8 measurement, but I was trying to keep the knife from tipping over and hold everything aligned, I needed a 3rd hand to photograph it correctly.
20201003_225656.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know that it helps much, but it's 7/8 from the outside of one scale across the middle to the outside of the opposite scale. Measured directly over the middle hole. 3/16 stock.

I just checked my skinny ASH1, from one side to the other at the thickest part of the slab is exactly 1". So about the same as FAL'ER is measuring.

Screen-Shot-2020-10-04-at-5-20-45-pm.jpg

Thank you, gents! I’m gonna measure mine tomorrow and see how it compares.

Thank you, gents! I’m gonna measure mine tomorrow and see how it compares.
The suspense is killing me!

And I got a battery for my digital caliper. It reads 29/32.

Last edited:
Better late than never... Looks like about 1 1/16”. Maybe a toooooch bigger than that.

54-D63299-E938-471-F-9-A61-295169-CBCF45.jpg

FAL'ER FAL'ER and Currawong Currawong - I’m betting my scales are the same thickness as yours and the extra feeling of fatness is just the liners and blade thickness (this one is at least 1/4” thick stock).

Last edited:
OK, so I've read several times you need to be at least a Gold Member to discuss prices. I've looked through the rules, maybe not in the right spot, maybe I missed it. Is there a certain place to go to discuss prices? I would like to find out MSRP's of past models so I can start figuring out how the value has increased.

I believe that once you become Gold, or higher, prices can be openly discussed here. Current values fluctuate, but Busse knives generally appreciate in value. This often depends upon desirability of model

But when you start observing BF Exchange listings you’ll often see a wide range of prices asked for similar models. Just the variety of Free Market Capitalism. Good luck.

Here’s some original pricing for more recent offerings.

https://bladeforums.com/threads/busse-2019-offerings-and-beyond.1634299/

Last edited:
From what I've gathered from the forum, somebody correct me if I'm wrong...

If someone wants different colored handle scales, they have to go through the Custom Shop. The Custom Shop is currently closed.

When....the Custom Shop opens up, you have to send your knife in. You can't just order different scales, have them sent to you, and DIY.

That’s correct, cobrajet. If you go through The Mothership.

Back