The Cheburkov Channel--Picture & Discussion Thread

Thanks for the tip. I had thought of that, but was concerned that it might discolor the anodized pivot. Have you used a soldering iron on such a finish?
I personally haven't, I've just seen other folks do it. I have used a butane torch (that's what I had handy) for a few seconds, but only on titanium framed knives. The torch can certainly change the ano if you go for too long. I suppose if you're not feeling confident in it, it's not worth the risk!

Last edited:
There is seller that I found that insists that the newer Strizh are coming with bearings instead of PB washers. Can anyone confirm that there are Strizh with bearings?
I did some searching and Small Strizh made after May 2020 are being made with Bearings

The small Strizh now has bearings, the large still has washers. There are now also visible screws on the presentation side. That makes it much easier to disassemble but looks less sleek.

I personally haven't, I've just seen other folks do it. I have used a butane torch (that's what I had handy) for a few seconds, but only on titanium framed knives. The torch can certainly change the ano if you go for too long. I suppose if you're not feeling confident in it, it's not worth the risk!
Before selling me his RDD, my friend broke the thread-locker bond by placing the knife Ti side down on his glass top range to no ill effect. I'd have more than a little concern about using that method on the double-sided CF of my Strizh. After a little reading, it seems Ti can be colored by flame as well as by direct or indirect heat of sufficient temperature and duration. As the knife remains wicked smooth and free, I'll do as you suggested in your earlier post and leave well enough alone.

So I finally broke down and pulled the trigger (and I’m really glad I did ‘cause it looks like I ended up getting one of the last ones in stock)

ZJJXQ6A.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone have the point of balance on a large Ti Strizh? The small CF Strizh is. Icily balanced at the first finger but I am a little worried that the large Ti version will be handle heavy

I'm just back to the world of viable internet from our shack in the woods in Vermont, P ppress , and saw your post. I must agree that I very much prefer the detail circled on your Scout pic to the one on the Turtle. I don't know if it makes any practical difference and have both knives plus many others that feature one or the other configuration. The exposed termination of the blade spine in the closed position where it transitions into the stop-pin cutout just looks less finished to my eye, but it's not a deal-breaker for me and I'll be hanging on to my Turtle and all my other similarly constructed knives even though the I find the alternative design more appealing.

It took me a while, but I finally found a pic of mine closed....

SCnNRxQ.jpg

Got them yesterday. Unfortunately I was sent the wrong Strizh, wanted bronze hardware and apparently they aren't on washers anymore.
Website said washers, even lady I talked to confirmed washers. They're not offering up much help on the matter either. Just offered screws, unfortunately that doesn't change the thumb stud and pivot. ....
hb0SFZk.jpg

PPTF0ET.jpg

Last edited:
Pardon my ignorance, but does the Scout run on bearings (steel/ceramic) or washers?

Pardon my ignorance, but does the Scout run on bearings (steel/ceramic) or washers?
Sorry your post sat so long with no answer. The Scout runs on steel bearings. Mine has broken in very nicely and is a smooth, quick flipper and nicely damped free-dropper. :D And just 'coz I've got a spare pic from today....

0SOPP4u.jpg

Sorry your post sat so long with no answer. The Scout runs on steel bearings. Mine has broken in very nicely and is a smooth, quick flipper and nicely damped free-dropper. :D And just 'coz I've got a spare pic from today....

0SOPP4u.jpg
Tnx! They are very clean-looking!

So I’d been chasing after this exact variation Scout for a while now and, even though I’ve voiced my misgivings about ordering from the motherland given the current state of things, I just had to jump on it when one happened to pop up on a Russian site. Well, after patiently (yeah, right...:D) waiting 6 1/2 weeks, here we are.

Worth. The. Wait.

7388C5AA-3F70-47B3-9516-D32EF99C9634.jpeg

I blame ChazzyP ChazzyP for my obsession with this particular one:p:D

So I’d been chasing after this exact variation Scout for a while now and, even though I’ve voiced my misgivings about ordering from the motherland given the current state of things, I just had to jump on it when one happened to pop up on a Russian site. Well, after patiently (yeah, right...:D) waiting 6 1/2 weeks, here we are.

Worth. The. Wait.

View attachment 1457297

I blame ChazzyP ChazzyP for my obsession with this particular one:p:D
I must bow my head and accept the blame, I suppose, but also congratulate you on picking that one up. There are knives from the best makers that can serve as their flagship models and kinda define their work. As the F95 Turtle is for Shiro, so this particular Scout is to Cheburkov. Mine is one of my true favorites and I trust you'll enjoy yours too.

Reactions: JAB
Finally getting around to checking into the Cheburkovs. Very tempted by the Small Strizh. Ya'll need to sell me on one. ChazzyP ChazzyP and others, give me some thoughts on that model, if you could! Or just tempt me with some more pics. :D

halden.doerge halden.doerge , I have to say I'm very pleased with my Small Strizh. You know I've mostly been into larger knives but have been getting into my mid-sized to slightly smaller blades lately and the Strizh is right there as one of my favorites of that ilk. The carbon fiber is very nice in hand--3D'd and lightly textured--as well as having an attractive random pattern. The knife is a "linerless liner lock" of similar construction to the NorthArm Skaha with the lock bar housed into the CF slab, held in by the interior clip screw, and slightly tucked behind the short, rear-mounted Ti backspacer. It's stupidly light at 2.5 oz and disappears in pocket like a small slip joint save for it having a modest, but very functional sculpted Ti clip. It also makes a very decent shirt pocket carry if needed. I can manage a full 4-finger grip even with my thick old carpenter's mitts with my thumb landing nicely on the comfortable blade jimping that falls half-in/half-out of the handle.

My knife is a 2018 model with its 3.375" Vanadis8 blade running on phosphor-bronze washers. Newer Smalls run on steel BB's (see P ppress 's post #186 above). My knife came from a German dealer and the action was slow and gunky at first, but as such bore the hallmark of one that had sat in stock for a long time and dried out. After adding a little W10 NanoOil and heating to melt what I assume was dried-out grease, the action is incredibly smooth and fast. I can easily manage a two-handed front flip to open and I expect someone longer-fingered and less arthritic could manage that one handed, as have I on a few attempts. All three of my Cheburkovs came with refined and wicked keen edges, are great cutters, and I've yet to sharpen any of them. The workmanship and F&F on all three is right up there with the best of what I own. Geez, I sound like a total fan-boy, eh?

Here's the Strizh with it's over-sized comrade, the Shiro 111...

SEfOfmi.jpg

ZJiJUlY.jpg

..and here's a couple solo shots.

0t8ZDWN.jpg

kXwVdar.jpg

halden.doerge halden.doerge , I have to say I'm very pleased with my Small Strizh. You know I've mostly been into larger knives but have been getting into my mid-sized to slightly smaller blades lately and the Strizh is right there as one of my favorites of that ilk. The carbon fiber is very nice in hand--3D'd and lightly textured--as well as having an attractive random pattern. The knife is a "linerless liner lock" of similar construction to the NorthArm Skaha with the lock bar housed into the CF slab, held in by the interior clip screw, and slightly tucked behind the short, rear-mounted Ti backspacer. It's stupidly light at 2.5 oz and disappears in pocket like a small slip joint save for it having a modest, but very functional sculpted Ti clip. It also makes a very decent shirt pocket carry if needed. I can manage a full 4-finger grip even with my thick old carpenter's mitts with my thumb landing nicely on the comfortable blade jimping that falls half-in/half-out of the handle.

My knife is a 2018 model with its 3.375" Vanadis8 blade running on phosphor-bronze washers. Newer Smalls run on steel BB's (see P ppress 's post #186 above). My knife came from a German dealer and the action was slow and gunky at first, but as such bore the hallmark of one that had sat in stock for a long time and dried out. After adding a little W10 NanoOil and heating to melt what I assume was dried-out grease, the action is incredibly smooth and fast. I can easily manage a two-handed front flip to open and I expect someone longer-fingered and less arthritic could manage that one handed, as have I on a few attempts. All three of my Cheburkovs came with refined and wicked keen edges, are great cutters, and I've yet to sharpen any of them. The workmanship and F&F on all three is right up there with the best of what I own. Geez, I sound like a total fan-boy, eh?

Here's the Strizh with it's over-sized comrade, the Shiro 111...

SEfOfmi.jpg

ZJiJUlY.jpg

..and here's a couple solo shots.

0t8ZDWN.jpg

kXwVdar.jpg

Beautiful shots as always! I already caved and snagged a new titanium/M390 one off of Lamina tonight. Can't wait.

I thought of the Skaha as well when looking at it, and ironically my number came up for ordering one of those in December (after like, 2 years of being on the waitlist, lol). So that should be coming to me later this month as well. Should make for an interesting pair to compare!

Back