The Cheburkov Channel--Picture & Discussion Thread

Beautiful shots as always! I already caved and snagged a new titanium/M390 one off of Lamina tonight. Can't wait.

I thought of the Skaha as well when looking at it, and ironically my number came up for ordering one of those in December (after like, 2 years of being on the waitlist, lol). So that should be coming to me later this month as well. Should make for an interesting pair to compare!
I had a red G10 Skaha V1 that I liked quite a bit, especially as I have family ties to areas of BC associated with that knife's manufacture as well as both North Arm's and the knife's naming. It had a lot going for it but wasn't a great fit for my hand, so it never really got any carry time, and I sold it as it offered a significant return at close to what I paid for it.

My CF Strizh is just about the same size as the Skaha, has a different and interesting steel, fits my hand way better, and is even lighter than the notably light North Arm piece, though once you get under 3 oz, what's the diff? Nothing wrong with the Skaha--just wasn't for me and the Strizh fills that niche very nicely for me. I'll be interested in your reaction to both knives, though your Ti Strizh will be a bit heavier at around 3.5 oz.

All this Strizh-ness, though, got me to drop mine in my sweatshirt pocket for a light gym carry this morning, then, staying Cheburkov but going from Carbon Fiber to Framelock Flipper Friday, switching to the Voron the rest of the way.

ZVx8UP4.jpg

KYeg9qZ.jpg

BhYZwnG.jpg

Nice Strizh, halden.doerge halden.doerge . :cool: The quality of stuff coming out of Alex's workshop is absolutely top shelf, on a par with the best production knives out there. As you said about yours and as I mentioned earlier, the grinds and sharpness of Cheburkov blades are absolutely outstanding. I love all three of mine, but the beauty of the blade on my Scout just blows me away.

I'm glad you're pleased with your new toy and maybe we'll see you around here with another going forward. ;)

I don't own a cheburkov ... yet, but if I was going to break that 4/$500 threshold, it would be near the top of my list

the stizh is just so simple looking, it's a bit deceiving

I'm more a fan of the russkiy model
19556_CHB014-01.jpg

wow, the 3rd one, the Russkiy in brown cf? - it's just about perfection :thumbsup:

... I want one with a really tight damasteel hugin pattern like this
HUGIN-back_high-8007986-500x350.jpg

I love the look of all of these. I got a Russiky Brown model from FRWK. I really love the style it has!
rlIZhnF.jpg

But I have a problem. The QC seems spotty. It will sometimes not lock unless you flip it really hard. You can even open it to tap against the lack bar and it won't lock until you slam it open. Already cut myself because it felt locked but it pushed the lockbar aside on me. Any idea how I could go about fixing or adjusting this?

Last edited:
That's a nice looking Russkiy and sorry to hear about your lock-up issue, Facebrain Facebrain . I recall someone here having too early lock-up that righted itself after a not-too-long break-in period.

I would start by forcing the lockbar over in the locked position, then working it back and forth repeatedly against the blade ramp to help it wear in. You may just have a few burrs or machine marks keeping the lockbar from sliding far enough to be secure. Afterwards, you could add some graphite (pencil lead) to the lock ramp--just as that helps lubricate to overcome lockstick, it might serve the same purpose in the opposite direction.

My Shiro F3 had a similar problem to yours--when locked lightly it would disengage. When the above didn't work to cure that problem I disassembled and took the Dremel with a felt buffing pad loaded with jeweler's rouge to the lock ramp. I also took one light swipe to the leading corner of the lockbar with some very light automotive paper just to de-burr it, though you don't want that beveled as it needs to dig in. After a couple sessions of buffing down the blade's lock ramp, re-assembling, trying the action, then repeating, the lock-up became significantly later and the problem went away.

You also should write to FRWK and describe your problem before disassembling and see what they have to say for themselves. Hopefully working the lockbar by repeatedly forcing it over and back will accelerate your break-in and your problem will resolve.

Last edited:
I’ve never handled a cheburkov but after seeing the praise for them here on the forums I’ve been looking at them. Upon learning the shiro quantum was out of stock at R1 after finally making the decision to just go for it, the need for a new knife was too great, so I started giving cheburkov a serious look. After falling in love with the Wolf Paws And not finding the one for me in stock I decided to contact them directly. Now I have one being made to my specifications for me.
Just as luck would have it, quantums came back in stock so of course I had to snatch one before they were gone again. I’m still excitedly anticipating the wolf paws though.

Deleted question about new online dealer per BF rules.

Last edited:
ferider ferider , the Bladeforum Rules can be both a bit hard to find as well as a bit vague, but it seems clear one can't link non-supporting dealers. It also seems to be open to interpretation whether they can be mentioned by name at all, as that may fall under the proscription against "deal spotting". :confused:

I think I'll continue this by PM....

Last edited:
First full day with the Hudson--aka Gudzon-- today. I fell in love with the custom version of this model a couple years ago and came close to pulling the trigger more than once. It's gone up price considerably since and is probably just too nice for me to carry, use, and mark up. I'd always hoped Alex would make one with an all-CF show side and now I've found one. The CF is gorgeous, and while very close to the equally nice material on both sides of my small Strizh, it has a somewhat smoother texture to it. The lockside Ti is different than Cheburkov's more polished, almost slick, usual bronze/grey finish and shows its media blast more prominently. It seems to be taking on a slightly oxidized, more mottled look as I handle it. Both sides of the handle have a nicely crowned contour, chamfered edges, and no sharp corners inside or out. Very nice in hand indeed.

Cheburkov blades are things of beauty and this one is no exception--multi-faceted with a 3/4 grind, a spine that tapers to an incredibly disappearing point, a long swedge, and a fine stone-washed finish throughout. As usual any blade markings are extremely modest with Alex's viking ship logo on one side, M390 on the other, and the date of manufacture on the flipper tab. The grinds are beautiful and this thing is wicked sharp.

More pics from today....

k0hx8bO.jpg

o1TUG6o.jpg

cNAg5nk.jpg

GrSXvHM.jpg

MRU0S1X.jpg

j9c1iZ2.jpg

As long as we're doing family portraits, here's my newly expanded Cheburkov household with an adopted brother added to the mix. Two birds and two explorers in this clan--a Raven and a Swift top and bottom with Hudson and his Scout in the middle.

2zSD8Ux.jpg

0PKm7Zz.jpg

Back