The Cheburkov Channel--Picture & Discussion Thread

Nice Steve.

What can I say .... I went in a completely different direction:

i-CXKGwMJ-X4.jpg

Roland.

Those are awful sweet too, Roland, and I was fascinated by your relation of the superior quality of Alexandr's fixed blades as we PM'd recently. I've given some thought to a fixie or two to use on our acreage up north but have no experience with that style of knife. I think you may well have given me a direction to follow if I go that way.

In the meantime, I've got a couple unused Hudson pics that I might as well splash here lest they go unseen. ;)

mC0hXrl.jpg

Z0BVylK.jpg

After giving the knife a few days' break-in period I added a couple drops of NanoOil to the pivot and a dab of FinishLine to the detent ball and it's even smoother now and starting to drop closed under its own weight in a nicely damped, controlled manner. :)

I finally got a tight shot today that better shows the different-than-I'm used-to finish on the Ti lockside of my Hudson Lightweight. My other Ti Cheburkov's--Voron and Scout--and those I've seen pictured all seem to have Alex's customary polished, almost coated-appearing bronze-ano'd finish which is smooth to the touch despite having been media blasted at some point in the process. The Hudson has more of the appearance of a CRK sandblast with a bit more bite-to-the-touch than my other Chebs, though not rough like a Reeve knife. It has a more pronounced contrast of fine points of dark and light reflection and is starting to darken a bit as I handle the knife more. I like the usual finish of my other Cheburkovs quite well, but also appreciate having something different too.

ArXrw6z.jpg

...and just because I've got a couple pics I shot this afternoon that I didn't use over at the EDC thread....

EQOCrVJ.jpg

32lkADa.jpg

Last edited:
I'd been asked over at the EDC thread if the Hudson had a detent ramp and, after some inspection and explanation, responded that indeed it did. That led me to check out my other Cheburkov's and discover that both my Voron and Scout had similar, unusual and clever designs. The liner lock Strizh does not and consequently got left out of this partial family portrait. 😞

sZ9iaV7.jpg

Only a few things I had to change. Installed Skiff ceramic bearings, Krytox 205 lube, stiffened up the detent & installed a different pivot w/ double purchase. Still drop shuts, but not guillotine. Next will be double thumb studs & Skiff PB washers. Also, I've got a CF large on the way...lol
63DZCQP.jpg

Beautiful pictures.

Has anyone installed Skiff bearings in a mini-Russkiy? Was curious about the sizing. I have one in S125V and the action is good, but would love to upgrade if its a possibility.

This time I left the stock bearings in & Krytox 205 was lathered on. Waiting on some PB washers to try. Again pivot changed & this time, double lugs.
ogdQMRO.jpg

Also tried some over sized double lugs on the Ti version. Not bad.
ixwm6wE.jpg

ferider ferider I was just about to write when I saw your mention. I figured you got that from our friend--I saw he had a few new ones and the Bear was already gone, then see your post with it here as this thread is on my watch list. I'm glad that you got all the goodies as he and I had talked about that.

How do you like that big boy? After getting my Olamic Swish today and being really taken with it, I'm starting to think about a Russkiy now. 🤷‍♂️

ferider ferider I was just about to write when I saw your mention. I figured you got that from our friend--I saw he had a few new ones and the Bear was already gone, then see your post with it here as this thread is on my watch list. I'm glad that you got all the goodies as he and I had talked about that.

How do you like that big boy? After getting my Olamic Swish today and being really taken with it, I'm starting to think about a Russkiy now. 🤷‍♂️

Yes, saw it on his site and couldn’t resist. Love it, kind of a unique knife in my collection with so much blade area (due to blade height).

I just received my third Cheburkov knife the other day, custom ordered from Alex and the Workshop for its blade finish. It's an absolutely gorgeous example of his Raven (Voron) with a fine stonewash on its 110 mm M390 blade, is an open back construction frame lock with steel insert, and has a beautiful red CTek scale applied to the presentation side. It's my first custom order and one of the most beautiful, elegant, and well-made knives I've acquired so far.

I came to Cheburkov knives through mention and postings from a member here that I had done some business with a few years ago. As a Russian maker, Workshop Cherburkova will inevitably be compared with another well-known producer, but I thought I'd start a new thread for Alexander's work as it is excellent, there is great variety amongst his offerings, their pricing represents great value, and his knives certainly deserve recognition and discussion on their own merit.

I'll post some pics of my new Raven here to start, but kindly let us see your Cheburkovs and share your thoughts or questions regarding these fine knives.

4hjnRfq.jpg

ZhgH6bu.jpg

SKkuBFI.jpg

1IkyVxt.jpg

FQA5IDu.jpg

Yad0hyx.jpg
wow. Nice fit and finish

Back