The Cheburkov Channel--Picture & Discussion Thread

The Stritzh has landed! Fantastic knife, with the one notable exception of coming completely dull from the factory. Dull as in I could safely drag it across bare skin with no danger. Quickly rectified with 30 minutes on the KME. Grind so thin it took no time.
Overall, I'm pleased.
Chebby.bf.jpegcheb.bf.jpg

Last edited:
Nice knife, Chuck_Nunface Chuck_Nunface . I love the CF version of the Strizh, and expect I'll eventually end up with one to pair with my small. The dullness thing is surprising as three of my four Cheburkov's came laser sharp with only my Voron just a a bit less so. Curiously, that one was made to order and came directly from the Workshop. As you related, though, the edge is easy enough to bring around, and better that than something more integral being not up to snuff.

Nice knife, Chuck_Nunface Chuck_Nunface . I love the CF version of the Strizh, and expect I'll eventually end up with one to pair with my small. The dullness thing is surprising as three of my four Cheburkov's came laser sharp with only my Voron just a a bit less so. Curiously, that one was made to order and came directly from the Workshop. As you related, though, the edge is easy enough to bring around, and better that than something more integral being not up to snuff.
It was an easy enough fix. Overall I'm very satisfied with the knife and I'd like to add another at some point.

This was my first Cheburkov, bough in 2018. I didn't much care for it back then, I remember: too large, too heavy, and weird blade shape.

Took it out last week, cleaned & lubed it, and love it now :) I guess tastes change. For example, in the last 6 months I became a Kephart fan. This is my pocket Kephart now :)

i-f7ZpvNx-X3.jpg

I have to say, I still don't care about the name ("Frieze"). If somebody here knows where this comes from, share with us, please.

I believe one Russian meaning of frieze is edge.
Interesting. In architecture the frieze runs along the top edge of a building's facade just under the cornice. Never thought of that--I've built a lotta houses and installed a lotta frieze boards under their soffits.

Sad..tried to get on Cheburkov website and could not...phone for first time said site is not secure. Hope it is just me and not the troubles.

Sad..tried to get on Cheburkov website and could not...phone for first time said site is not secure. Hope it is just me and not the troubles.
I think it's likely neither you nor the "troubles". I couldn't get on either, but accessed both the Shirogorov and Biryukov websites and navigated them with no issues. My guess would be that Alex is presently having web problems. Fingers crossed everything gets straightened out soon....

I think it's likely neither you nor the "troubles". I couldn't get on either, but accessed both the Shirogorov and Biryukov websites and navigated them with no issues. My guess would be that Alex is presently having web problems. Fingers crossed everything gets straightened out soon....
Glad to hear. My new cobra made it out just in time I guess. Left on Monday.

Quick question does Shirogorov sell directly to public?

Not to people in countries with an authorized dealer. I did get sign-in credentials for the Shiro site to participate in online auctions
Thank you I will try that as an alternative.

Nice Cobra, Rufus1949 Rufus1949 . I take it you had that made to your specs. I did the same with the Voron in my OP that started this thread some thirteen pages back. That was my third Cheburkov and I've just ordered my fifth, a Knurled Titanium Frieze which just recently came back in stock at Alex's website. I went back to check after our back-and-forth above, found the website up and running, and ended up buying a knife. Hope mine comes through as quickly as yours did.

Nice Cobra, Rufus1949 Rufus1949 . I take it you had that made to your specs. I did the same with the Voron in my OP that started this thread some thirteen pages back. That was my third Cheburkov and I've just ordered my fifth, a Knurled Titanium Frieze which just recently came back in stock at Alex's website. I went back to check after our back-and-forth above, found the website up and running, and ended up buying a knife. Hope mine comes through as quickly as yours did.
Yes I did and your Voron is sweet. Glad you started this thread it brought me to this maker. I had to try and forget I ordered it because of the 2 1/2 month wait.

Back