The coin thread--post pictures of your traditional knives with a coin

That appears to be an 1878 Morgan Dollar. First year they were minted. Or it's an unusual 1879 Morgan Dollar with 1878 reverse. Crying shame what was done to it.

Both appreciate you for the edit and keeping it here and thank you everyone

I just relieved something and it scares me... I haven’t had a traditional folder since a 1950 or so boy scout knife was given to me.. I have just knives ... looksike I got some hunting to do to get a traditional... maybe a Case.

As for the date yes ....it’s more a crying shame that I had 5 full rolls of blued Morgans left to me in 86 (20 coins per roll) and had them for 20 more years then sold two rolls to fund a different hobby and 1 other roll to my moms friend who cuts coins for a living (sid and lee coins) and he gets 175.00 per cut Morgan

He gave me market price for 1roll of them...375 dollars at the time

I know they were late 1800’s don’t remember the year.. yes I kick myself now

When Dad died, my twin brother and I split up his dad's coins between us 6 siblings. My grandfather had been a grocer for 30 years beginning in the 1930s. Later in his career he squirreled away many silver coins that came into his registers. Among then were dozens of Morgan and Peace dollars.

I just got around to slabbing most of my Morgans on Independence Day a few days ago. Also walking Liberty halfs, what many consider the most beautiful coin ever minted in the USA. I once came close for trading some of my grandfather's coins for other coins, but decided not to as I really consider these coins as being for my grandkids.

Craftsman%25209507%2520-%2520Silver%2520Dollars.JPG

Last edited:
And that’s is amazing! Hence the reason I kept the last roll...unfortunately I at 52 have no children, however my older brother has three. The youngest being named after the great grandfather (Benjamin) I know who’s getting that last roll when I’m gone

My Dad has a few morgan dollars, I have no idea of the years. He has 2 that's pretty special to him. Seems that sometime in the 1960's as kids him and his brother did some yard work for an elderly lady. She paid them a dollar each, morgan dollars! My Dad has his in his coin box, his brother mounted his in a belt buckle sometime in the late 70's to mid 80's. When my uncle passed in 1990, my Dad inherited his brothers things. He's worn the buckle ever since. And yes that Eagle is pretty worn from being worn in a buckle since the 80's, but the sentimental value is far greater to my Dad than monetary.

Reactions: 315
D44E6FF2-CCF5-42F7-8242-E479C7A67631.jpeg
Here are 2 commemorative “coins”. One from the 1962 Seattle fair in .900 Silver, the other is a Gold 25 cent piece from the St. Louis Fair in 1905. These have to be among some of the largest and smallest products of the U.S. Mint. The Silver thing weighs 5.1 Troy ounces. The knife is a Henckel lobster.

I may be getting a few traditional folders. My boss’s dad likes me and we talk often... he’s got a box old pocket knives that he’s had for a awhile ... I only asked him out of curiosity if he had any , you know old-school pocket knives he didn’t use anymore. So my hoping is that looking through all that I find a raisin amongst the rabbit pellets...If you know what I mean.

So if something turns up I will definitely post a new traditional which is old for me and I do have two other I guess you would say not spendable coins but I do have two unique left that I can upload

4D9FAE93-B8B3-4561-A24E-A6C07BA5100A.jpeg 1EB96A3F-9BE9-457D-81CD-7B7C1C356E43.jpeg
So this is my lastest upload of coins knives two more colonials and a Sabre
X
Ok so a few non spendable coins I imagine lol

Wooden nickel made of Mryrlewood

A very worn 1909 penny you need a magnifying glass to see the 9 at the end
NO VDB

A bunch of Steelies 1943 pennies one with the P mintmark

1920 United States of America 5 centavos Philippines

Several planchets

1776-1976 Kennedy half-dollar worth approx .50 cent

A Canadian looney

I have some large English pennies from about 1800’s but they are somewhere in my junk drawer

Last edited:
Back