The Cowbell Build Thread

Don't make me ask you for another one John
😁

Funny that yours was the farthest one shipped this time (by a couple of thousand miles!) and looks like it'll be the first to arrive! I stalk tracking numbers way too much, looks like yours changed to a tomorrow delivery.

😁

Funny that yours was the farthest one shipped this time (by a couple of thousand miles!) and looks like it'll be the first to arrive! I stalk tracking numbers way too much, looks like yours changed to a tomorrow delivery.
That's too funny :D. I'm gonna wear it proud here in North Cackalacky. And trust me, I'm the worst when it comes to sending and receiving packages, my inner Christmas child comes out and I refresh the page every 5 minutes. I noticed that shipping day change as soon as it happened 😂

457f590ea81183ede8aa3de5e32e5144.300x300x1.jpg

Looks like I made it!
Excited for my first Red Meadow knife

I was late checking the newsletter email and missed dibs 😢 next time, congrats to all who got in, you won't be disappointed

I picked up something pretty special from the mailbox earlier today - I wonder what it could be...

Vl2Ntoj.jpg

Removing the layers...

zzX4cmr.jpg

Starting to get to the meat here.

mseO6yW.jpg

Look at that - what a beauty!

QAl1QDC.jpg

Yep, she's alright. Very, very nice, John. It turned out beautifully - though it's so pretty, my wife may end up keeping this one too 😏. Also, your packaging is starting to make you look like a professional. It is all pretty darned stellar.

Thank you for yet another sweet knife, we are very happy to have it join the others. I'll be in touch shortly.

bJiWFbM.jpg

Check out this sweet sweet goodness I've been playing with today. Somebody should give the maker of this a nice fat award.

I didnt snap any pictures of the packaging like Pàdruig Pàdruig did but I have to agree, it was pretty stellar. I was blown away and tickled by the whole presentation when I opened it and it was very warm feeling. Loved everything about it and can't wait to get more toys made by you John.

Thank you for the beautiful product and im happy to be a part of the family!

20210920_185459_copy_3024x1362.jpg20210920_185643_copy_1362x3024.jpg20210920_185733_copy_1362x3024.jpg

Great pictures guys!

Ever get a package that you almost hesitate to open because it's set up so nice? I wanted to get close to that without being too annoying and pesty. Let me know if it was over the top.

I always loved this scene from Willy Wonka as a kid, the anticipation was intense.
giphy-1_orig.gif

Redmeadow Knives Redmeadow Knives It's funny you say that because when I unwrapped it, I folded the paper back up how you had it and put it back in the box 😂. I thought it was very creative and fun, nowhere close to annoying. Some of the most joy I've had unboxing anything, let alone a knife like this. And I'm usually one of those guys that cares less about boxes or packaging. Probably because no one does it like that!

It's funny you say that because when I unwrapped it, I folded the paper back up how you had it and put it back in the box 😂.
That's awesome because it's exactly what I thought when we packed these up. "This might be the kind of box you open and want to put back to reopen". If I got remotely close to that then I consider it a win.

That's awesome because it's exactly what I thought when we packed these up. "This might be the kind of box you open and want to put back to reopen". If I got remotely close to that then I consider it a win.
I'd honestly and happily say you achieved your goal with it. You knocked it out of the park. I removed the sticker sooooo slowly trying not to rip anything haha. It was just very thought out and detailed. Good job my friend, super proud to be a customer. If all other makers or guys in general were like you, then we'd be in a heavenly community John.

Glad it made it Greg, hope you can get a break soon.

The packaging is called... wait for it... EXCELSIOR (really?). It's just wood shavings so you can toss it in your garden or under the bushes or a tree. Birds might like it, then again mice may also🐁 :mad:

My Cowbell arrived Monday which was a day ahead of schedule.

I thought John’s hands would be too sore and tired from all the hand-sewing on the sheaths to put much effort into packing niceties. Apparently he must be a stud because he fuzzstick-carved a small mountain of fine wood curl packing material to encase the contents. Inside this protective cocoon is a well-wrapped knife along with some nice personal touches.

i-R6kLDRd-L.jpg

i-8zk2pQT-L.jpg

…and finally we get to the knife & sheath. WOW! Spearpoint #1 turned out even better than I hoped. Beautiful finish on the blade. Nice character in the G-Carta handle scales. And of course that famous “click” fit in the sheath.

i-xFDNDKn-XL.jpg

i-n8H5MtJ-XL.jpg

i-TzTdR3M-XL.jpg

i-WSLwjnd-XL.jpg

i-WNsvxMh-XL.jpg

i-mbCJZG6-XL.jpg

Great job John! Look for more user pics of this one in the months to come.

Thanks!!

Phil

Man you guys take some great pictures!!

Whittling those little shavings takes it's toll! 😁

My big question for everyone about the packaging was if those little shavings were a mess to deal with!

Can't tell you guys how awesome the effort you put into your posts is, I really appreciate that. It really makes me want to up my game every time.

Man you guys take some great pictures!!

Whittling those little shavings takes it's toll! 😁

My big question for everyone about the packaging was if those little shavings were a mess to deal with!

Can't tell you guys how awesome the effort you put into your posts is, I really appreciate that. It really makes me want to up my game every time.
What tickled me was how much it all stayed together in one big pile! I wouldn't have minded if it fell apart anyway, but when I lifted the top layer it all just came out together lol it was too fun. I've said it before but it really was the most fun I've had unpacking a knife. Your game is well upped 😂.

By the way, haven't taken mine out of my pocket since I got it. It's the most fun little blade I've ever had.

Back