The CRK Anticipation Thread - Show Your 'Inbound's!

I prefer to work with CRK and have them make a custom face for my Sebenzas. So far I did a family one with stick figures and a Dr. Pepper one (my last name is Pepper, standard family joke). I'm working with them now to get one with an E-3 AWACS put on. I've been flying in the E-3 for 15 years now, so I figured it'd be cool. This is the pic I sent them, I'll post pics when it's complete in 3-4 months.

AWACS2_zpsdd6e2a5a.png

No pics as it's direct from CRK,, but got word today that what I thought would take a year is ready to ship after only six months time!

Don't want to spoil it, but I'll say the scales are 20,000 years old and you could climb up and down the blade;)

I hate you. :D

No pics as it's direct from CRK,, but got word today that what I thought would take a year is ready to ship after only six months time!

Don't want to spoil it, but I'll say the scales are 20,000 years old and you could climb up and down the blade;)

Ooohhhhh .... nice nice! I am surprised at the turnaround time as I've heard the backlog on these was a lot longer (not quite 20k years ... but a few anyway). ... Were you able to provide any sort of input re. grain / coloring or are you going with the luck of the draw?

Last edited:
I hate you. :D

So does my wallet!

Ooohhhhh .... nice nice! I am surprised at the turnaround time as I've heard the backlog on these was a lot longer (not quite 20k years ... but a few anyway). ... Were you able to provide any sort of input re. grain / coloring or are you going with the luck of the draw?

I was surprised aswell. Expected atleast a year. Had no input, but Heather described it to me and I am looking forward to its arrival.

Whoa! What happened. If this ROF is the same one I am thinking about (and kicked myself, because I checked 10 minutes before it went up and then put the computer to sleep for the night!) .... thought you missed it, though claimed seconds. In any event ........ big congrats. Love smalls and Love the River ...... well, you know the rest!!

I just don't know why ..... but this is my second impulse buy this month (first was a one-of-a-kind Les Voorhies flipper which should be here later this week). Anyway, can't really explain it .... but there was just something about the colors/design that spoke to me. Can't really pinpoint anything specific .... just the overall appearance of this small UG. Here's the dealer pic:

newSMSebUG.jpg

I just don't know why ..... but this is my second impulse buy this month (first was a one-of-a-kind Les Voorhies flipper which should be here later this week). Anyway, can't really explain it .... but there was just something about the colors/design that spoke to me. Can't really pinpoint anything specific .... just the overall appearance of this small UG. Here's the dealer pic:

newSMSebUG.jpg

Very cool design! I was surprised to see that there were about 3 of these in stock? I thought they were "one of's"?

Holy Guacamole! Thanks for the heads-up. Just went from anticipation to antipathy in a nanosecond! Thanks for pointing this out. Never dawned on me to press that quantity drop down box .... I mean, after all ..... it's a UG for crying out loud. Went back to the site and sure enough was still showing "in stock" and the drop down box had quantity selections from 1 to 3. Called BHQ to find out what the heck was going on. Asked if the one I had ordered was the one pictured on the site. The rep wasn't sure ...... huh! Said he would check the boxes and pull out the one pictured for my order .... asked me to hold. I held. He returned ....... ummmmmm, don't know how to put this ... none of them look like the one pictured. His explanation was that their photographer probably used a pic of any old UG. Needless to day ...... no longer anticipating ..... canceled the order. I guess now, I will not only have to be careful when ordering natural inlay models ...... but UGs as well!!!

PS .... this actually took place much earlier .... but BF was having serious server problems which prevented any of my posts to go through. Only way to get it through was to remove quoted text.

Wait ... wait ... let me get this straight ... so they post a UNIQUE for sale without the actual photo of the UNIQUE being sold? That means you are buying what? A random design? I can't even begin to fathom the logic ...

Wait ... wait ... let me get this straight ... so they post a UNIQUE for sale without the actual photo of the UNIQUE being sold? That means you are buying what? A random design? I can't even begin to fathom the logic ...

I can't either. A few weeks back I saw they had Honduran Rosewood large Sebs with damascus blades in stock. I sent them a message asking to see a pic of the inlays and was pretty much told to buzz off. Needless to say, they lost a potential customer there. I can see them not wanting to take individual pics of a $50 Spiderco, but on a multi-hundred dollar knife who's claim to fame is it's unique beauty???? I'll go elsewhere.

Sadly I have run into this same response to my own request for photos of the exact knives I am interested in purchasing. I have just been lucky that the three Honduran Rosewood Mnandis I have ordered turned out to all be quite nice. But I am currently looking for a certain look and texture in a Mammoth Ivory Mnandi and I will not be looking for it on this dealers website. Other than the lack of cooperation with photographs I have had nothing but good experiences with this dealer. I would gladly have paid for the requested photographs but they were not forthcoming. :(

So let's shop elsewhere, and go back to posting our inbounds. All I have coming right now is a small Lefty 21. Still pretty cool. And I don't know the date, so it still might check off one of the one's I'm hunting.

Back