The CRK Insingo Hangout!

So how have I missed this thread all along? It took a new friend to lead me here....

My first Insingo and first with Micarta inlays, bought as a user to be a user. Fell in love with both the blade shape and the inlays.

YGTEqGN.jpg

8UOq33h.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: HST
Just got this small as a user off the forum here last week. Into the rotation it goes. Has some great pocket-wear patinia, some shine on the edges which I think make it look great. And the stop pin has the grooves in it. Kinda like that.

RNA0e0i.jpg
DjWgOCe.jpg

Glock Guy, I see you have the Inkosi Insingo. How smooth is it? A free dropper? I have the Seb Insingo and it is ridiculously smooth but my drop point Inkosi is nowhere as smooth and nothing I do will make it so. I would like to get the Inkosingo but not if it is as stiff as my drop point.

Glock Guy, I see you have the Inkosi Insingo. How smooth is it? A free dropper? I have the Seb Insingo and it is ridiculously smooth but my drop point Inkosi is nowhere as smooth and nothing I do will make it so. I would like to get the Inkosingo but not if it is as stiff as my drop point.

M Mrgauth Actually I don't have that one anymore, but it was NOT a free dropper. I think, due to the design, the Inkosi/Zaan/25 really won't be as you are tightening the pivot against the actual washer, where as with the Seb's you are tightening the slabs against the bushing pivot. I don't think I've ever seen a "free-dropping" inkosi, as you would have to run the pivot much looser than most would want.

The Inkosi's I've had have all been very smooth, just in a different way than the Sebs are.

Thx Glock. I suspected as much. Yeah, I better stick with the Sebby. If they would put the bushing on the Inkosi and I would have the last knife I would ever need. But alas. So, if I want a CF I better stick with the Sebbie because I love how it just feels like it is on bearings and there is no screwing with a perfect pivot tightness.

After I figure out my sharpening system, an Insingo blade is in my immediate future. I have to focus on my sharpening system, for now.

M Mrgauth Actually I don't have that one anymore, but it was NOT a free dropper. I think, due to the design, the Inkosi/Zaan/25 really won't be as you are tightening the pivot against the actual washer, where as with the Seb's you are tightening the slabs against the bushing pivot. I don't think I've ever seen a "free-dropping" inkosi, as you would have to run the pivot much looser than most would want.

The Inkosi's I've had have all been very smooth, just in a different way than the Sebs are.

I just checked my 2 25s, StarTac, and Inkosi (all larges) for free-dropping. They are all, of course, smooth as glass.

My new 25 StarBenza is the smoothest, freest out-of-the-box CRK I've handled. It came to me as someone else's safe-queen, so it's factory, was as BNIB (not-so-much anymore) as could be, and free-drops with no encouragement.

My PJ 25 has been tweaked by replacing with CRK grease with W10 NanoOil on the washers and W85 in the pivot as well as having a tiny amount taken off and the washers polished as is my practice with my 21s. It won't free-drop as it has a lot of lock-bar tension and its near-to-impossible to get the ceramic ball to clear the blade tang.

My StarTac is factory and won't come close to free-dropping as its lock-bar over-travel stop won't let the ceramic ball leave the tang.

My Inkosi is also factory, but will free-drop with the tiniest amount of encouragement and I think were I to take down the washers about .015 mm each that it would free-drop easily. The difference between the 25s and Inkosis is the floating stop-pin on the latter, which enables the pivot to be adjusted without the slabs being held by the nearby screwed-in stop-pin.

All that said, I'm not really that interested in having my CRKs free-drop, but do like them to be free enough to flick out easily and to close with an index finger flick.

Back