The Delica Effect

Let's bump this thread back up. After being in the knife game for over a decade and with literally HUNDREDS of knives being owned and used by myself I have realized that I just want a lightweight, well made knife which has the ability, and excels at, doing what a knife should do...cut. I do not need a knife that weighs 6 or 7 ounces and can baton through a cinderblock. I have owned my fair share of pocket tanks and while some seem indestructible when it comes to prying yourself out of an Abrams Tank, they are just awful at cutting. I too often reach for my Vic Cadet when it comes time to needing a knife to cut something throughout the day. Reflecting on it, all I want it a lightweight knife, that locks and rides in the pocket with decent steel. I have been reading a lot of Delica threads lately and between MostMenAreRuthless post on his king of the pocket EDC Delica and how Jazz suggested a wharncliffe Delica and Sal had one made as a prototype for him I thought it was high time I pick up a Delica for myself and actually use it.

I carry a Delica of some sort 99 percent of the time now , and have done so for quite a while .
If I feel like a change or something new then it is a Delica of different scale colour , blade steel , handle material that satisfies my desires .
Even though they are all Delica's there is enough difference to still get the thrill of a new knife to carry .

I've been carrying this ZDP189 this week , instead of my Hap40 it has reminded me how good ZDP really is .

Ken

This thread never gets old, I stop in from time to time to re-read and drool over the Delicas.

20170510_160931_zpscchlarkv.jpg

This thread never gets old, I stop in from time to time to re-read and drool over the Delicas.

20170510_160931_zpscchlarkv.jpg
Does anyone know where a guy could score one of those Damascus blade FRN scaled Delicas? One of those and a blacked-out combo-edge Delica should do nicely. :p

The Delica 4 is the third Spyderco I've purchased, and it gets the most pocket time.
It's my first for vg 10 and FRN, which paved the way for my next getting a Stretch 2 (Love it)
I enjoy everything about the Delica.. the ergo, thin blade and of course the ability as a serious work knife.
I enjoy the design of the knife as well (never found any Spydercos ugly) and I'm also looking forward to
the wear on the pocket clip... yes, I think that looks cool.
Anyone who asks for a knife to do what a knife is supposed to do, and hold up to day long work tasks etc..
This is certainly the knife to go to... this is a knife I totally can depend on.

The Delica is a a very handy tool. That is what a knife should be. It is uncomplicated, lacks flash, and does the task(s) required. Very little to have to adjust, few moving parts, no special opening devices, just one handed functionality that is 100% reliable.

Still haven't gotten it back from my coworker yet.. I somehow left it at work the other day, lol. I've been losing my mind ever since. (!!!)
If I don't get it back soon, I'm ordering another.

33803599123_c8f3d8ca63_b.jpg

As a side note, this new forum is making me effing crazy. I'm not allowed to use HTML to post a picture?

Back