• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

The Disappearance of Trouble Blades (Tim Bakonyi and Jessica Bakonyi)

@troublebladesgirl has recently posted on instagram. 1 of those posts was a sale of a fixed blade. She also mentioned the preordered folders but it appears she is no longer associated with Mr Bayoni.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No dog in the hunt per se but have been following this for a minute and honestly while BF isn't perfect I find it astounding the wealth of knowledge in the GBU alone that goes ignored by the Instagram community

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CAREFUL ! Are these links safe?

I have come to meet Tim in person recently, and a simple search of his name got me on this thread. I read through it and was outraged that people may have lost money with him. I have personally fell victim to online scams and lost money in the past. (even with people that I had an ongoing online facebook friendship with) So when I came across this thread AND read through the recent IG comments of Jessica - I felt terrible for the people who are still without product and out money.

So I created a profile here, and this is my first post. It's understandable why Thomas could question the validity of the links I provided. I only wanted to give information to people who are possibly still victims.

so they have moved into the drone frame market . did they ever make these folks here whole?

Sure sound like ruthless scammers pure and simple...:grumpy:

Segway into the drone business where he can start anew with doing what he does.

Another example of why you should never pay a deposit on a knife preorder.

If they're that popular, the maker doesn't need it, because if you no-show when your turn comes up, he or she will just sell it to the next person.

I just found this thread which is sad because I really wanted a debt collector. I am thankful for threads like this though when I was younger making the transition into custom knives I didn't know that many makers didn't require a deposit.

FWIW, came across this thread for wondering exactly happened with them. I was one of the "first five" - in fact "First" if Jessica was to be believed. I paid a deposit and spent almost a year waiting, mailing constantly and getting very sporadic updates on progress. I spoke to Tim & Jessica a few times on the phone during this period. I was worried about the same issue - having paid up front and them disappearing into the night. On Jan 22 '16 I received the final invoice and was told the knife was shipping. A few days later I did get the knife, minus the small pelican case they supposedly came in. I contacted Tim to ask for the case to be sent and he said he would along with patches -- that was the last I heard of him despite a few follow up attempts. Knife is great, solid, can drop a small tree :) -- but every once in a while I check back on their IG feeds to see if there have been updates. It's a real shame that there has been zero comms with ppl who are still owed a knife of paid a deposit, or even in full. I had this feeling I was probably lucky to have gotten my knife at all based on the before and after.

Annnnnnd they're back! They just posted on IG for the first time in a while, and so the cycle begins anew.

OP, good luck in getting restitution. Did he send you that DC in his IG post? Based on your comment that's the impression I got.

Looks like trouble bladeworks is back, they had some folders on blade HQ. If you are owed any restitution I would contact them trouble blade works

Not only Blade HQ, but several other sites and on IG...
It seems that they are back in the game.

Good luck everyone. I was promised to be included in a mini mofo order years ago and nothing ever came from it. Glad I never paid any type of deposit.

I was shocked to see how fast their knives went on bladehq

I can’t believe the number of people praising this crook. The whole comments sections of the recent posts are just people begging to throw money at him. Stupid

Back