The Domino

I don't have mine yet, but I too also love that aspect of it. I just hope the blade is a tad more aggressive looking than say the Sage.

It's very similar to the Sage blade (looking at my Sage 2 and Domino next to each other now) but it's a bit wider, and a bit pointier, with the tip a bit higher. At a glance they look like pretty much the same blade shape, though. You really have to put them close to each other and look at the details to notice much difference. Not too far off from being a Sage 1.5 with a flipper, really.

Has anyone mounted a low rider clip on their domino yet? Was looking into str, but it seems he doesn't have the time to specifically make one. Does an existing str model work for tip up carry?

Has anyone mounted a low rider clip on their domino yet? Was looking into str, but it seems he doesn't have the time to specifically make one. Does an existing str model work for tip up carry?

I measured the Domino clip against all of my other Spydercos and there's no exact match. So I expect there are no existing low clips that will just screw right on. Some are close though and maybe resizing the holes would suffice but that's just speculation on my part without using a larger head screw.
I was looking at some Ti clip blanks on a site yesterday that could be drilled and shaped to fit. I may go that route. The Domino could benefit from a lower clip to get some of that width out of the way IMO.

I've tried to mount STR lowriders from both the Para2 and the Manix2 and neither fit. I have on order a couple of other lowrider clips from USA Knifemaker. These aren't supposed to be a perfect fit either but they are pretty inexpensive ($7.42) and don't mind modding them (don't want to do that to any of my STRs). Check out Aidansdaddy17... he's got a Domino with one of these USA Knifemaker clips on it. Looks pretty good.

Yeah just wanted to echo the fact that the Para 2 STR clips don't fit the Domino. The holes on the domino are just -slightly- farther apart. Grumble!

I'm having tech difficulties quoting from another thread using my smartphone. But..

STR said he thought the domino clip has the same pattern as the Gayle Bradley, but that was looking at the prototype. Anyone with both a domino and Bradley can confirm this?

I was able to take the Bradley clip and install it on the Domino.

Stock Bradley clip? Now that you mention it they have the same non-painted looking finish to them. Now does anyone know if STR sells a Bradley low-rider? I think I have seen them. I really don't mind taking a dremel to the holes and making a PM2 clip work if that is what I have to do. The only STR clip I own is for my Southard, which is quite unique.

From another thread:

129CC825-473C-444A-8219-F75ED5C5537A-940-000000B64AD1F879_zps6c049537.jpg

From another thread:

That looks good, but I have some of those clips, and they fall slightly short in function department. I had to tweak them to get the right tension, and often times the mounting screws would hang up on the pocket instead of slipping all the way down to the bend. For my Tenacious, that $7 clip is suitable, but for a $200 knife, I want an STR. Now I want to see someone with an STR Bradley clip to throw it on the Domino.

HI PC,

Thanx for the kind words. Eric is in charge of flippers and I know he has some more in-the-works.

M.FREEZE,

I don't think anyone here thought you were bashing. This forum has a very astute and knowledgable group of posters. (lot of class visiting here)

sal

I am hoping the good folks at Spyderco will make a flipper on the budget end of the scale, maybe a Domino with either stainless steel only or stainless steel/FRN combo handle scales. The $330 MRSP is just a bit heavy for some of your foreign fans, who still have to absorb import duties and insurance that local suppliers pass on. The Domino is not available locally yet, but I look forward to it. I only ever saw one Brad Southard out this way and it was over $400.

Back