The "hall of meat"... (Graphic Injury Pics)

Let's see. I once had a Reider neck knife that while trying to test on an old shirt I CUT my thumb. It bled for 45 minutes.

Not as impressive as some of you guys, but I've had a few small "accidents" with blades since I got my camera...
First time, I tried to grab my Shanghai Shadow mid-air when it fell from a table. My hand didn't like that much.
DSC02300_zpski8csnpg.jpg

Second time I almost lose a finger slicing some cardboard with my SE Salt 1. Took 5 min to start bleeding.
DSC06345_zpspp9vgqlb.jpg

The third time I accidentally stabbed myself witha cheapo double edged 4in throwing knife. Never again will I throw something pointy and sharp unless my life is on it.
DSC02229_zpsbhlbiqs4.jpg

And finally, my fourth "documented" misfortune with a knife was the time I was running with my Ka-Bar Tanto in my right hand when I hit a tree, and the knife efortlessly entered about 1 inch inside my belly, tearing and ripping my skin on its way out (ouch!). That was by far the worst mistake I've made with a knife...
DSC06937_zpswwha7wu7.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, Peacent. I'm not sure this is the right hobby for you...;) on the other hand, you might as well die doing something you like. Seriously, though, take care. And maybe think about investing in a chainmail track-suit.:)

ROFL you ain't kidding!

Here's my contribution to this thread. This happened just over a month ago;

WP_002437_zpsrlcsyxzo.jpg

Holy sweet mother of freeze dried ice cream! That booger flicker needs attention!

WTH happened btw?

Here's my submission; I was chopping some fire wood with my Busse NMFBM. After sinking it into a log round to leave the knife and take a break the knife popped back out and fell backwards directly into my shin below the knee as I walked past. It was a weird cut as it didn't even bleed very much but I do have an inch and half long scar to remember it by. :rolleyes:;)

18704850462_15d029c86c_c.jpg

Not really all that graphic I guess..

I was making a stop cut in piece of alder I was whittling yesterday and put too much force into it. The stick broke, and I slammed my sebenza into my finger.... it cut to the bone. The doctor told me I had very sharp knife, to which I said "It's not as sharp as I normally keep it". He looked surprised and said that had it been any sharper I would've been looking at bone damage...

Attachments

• image-2.jpg
    image-2.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 95
Holy sweet mother of freeze dried ice cream! That booger flicker needs attention!

WTH happened btw?

My wife's a nurse. She hooked me up with a pressure bandage. Everything is all healed up now. I was sharpness testing on some string when I got distracted and got a little close :D

My wife's a nurse. She hooked me up with a pressure bandage. Everything is all healed up now. I was sharpness testing on some string when I got distracted and got a little close :D

Dude, it looks like a brain!

Lose any feeling in that finger or nah?

I'd play - I love that game. I have the same problem you do.
That scar is downright nasty! I bet all the chicks dig it.

I'd play - I love that game. I have the same problem you do.
That scar is downright nasty! I bet all the chicks dig it.

We should find a way to arrange that.
Yes, it was quite painful. I probably should have got it stitched, but I didn't feel like going into town. I just butterflied it. And unfortunately, I don't have much interaction with them for them to dig it or not.

Dude, it looks like a brain!

Lose any feeling in that finger or nah?

Where the deepest point of the cut was there is a slight almost barely noticeable difference when applying pressure. But its not on the top of the skin, more underneath where I nipped away a bit of the nail.

Best part of that whole deal, was the next day I found the piece of my finger and gave it to my wife :D

Not as impressive as some of you guys, but I've had a few small "accidents" with blades since I got my camera...
First time, I tried to grab my Shanghai Shadow mid-air when it fell from a table. My hand didn't like that much.
DSC02300_zpski8csnpg.jpg

Second time I almost lose a finger slicing some cardboard with my SE Salt 1. Took 5 min to start bleeding.
DSC06345_zpspp9vgqlb.jpg

The third time I accidentally stabbed myself witha cheapo double edged 4in throwing knife. Never again will I throw something pointy and sharp unless my life is on it.
DSC02229_zpsbhlbiqs4.jpg

And finally, my fourth "documented" misfortune with a knife was the time I was running with my Ka-Bar Tanto in my right hand when I hit a tree, and the knife efortlessly entered about 1 inch inside my belly, tearing and ripping my skin on its way out (ouch!). That was by far the worst mistake I've made with a knife...
DSC06937_zpswwha7wu7.jpg

Wow, just Wow!
May I suggest that you never buy a gun😁

I have similar luck but even I have to say that although your current pics aren't the nastiest in the thread that with your luck it's probably just a matter of time before you're crowned the king of scars.

Seriously though, be careful.

Please feel free to laugh when I come back at a later date to post pis of my clumsiness.

Wow, just Wow!
May I suggest that you never buy a gun��

I have similar luck but even I have to say that although your current pics aren't the nastiest in the thread that with your luck it's probably just a matter of time before you're crowned the king of scars.

Seriously though, be careful.

Please feel free to laugh when I come back at a later date to post pis of my clumsiness.

I agree- please be more careful!!!

Last edited:
Wow, Peacent. I'm not sure this is the right hobby for you...;) on the other hand, you might as well die doing something you like. Seriously, though, take care. And maybe think about investing in a chainmail track-suit.:)

Lol. Better knives than firearms.

Hahaha funny thing, yesterday I got bitten by my recently traded Voyager X2. To this day, no other brand has literally left more scars and has marked me more than Cold Steel.

20150725_205054_zpsfbghjhpo.jpg

I think I am not the only one in that respect...

This one was actually a lot better than it looks. the cut went at an angle and went through the skin and fingernail until it hit bone. That was last year and that quarter of my fingertip still has no feeling.

Back