THE Hollow Handle Knife Thread

Not here to stalk potential buyers, but I posted a thread about the new M9 in Customs&Handmade (https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/wilson-m9-hollow-handle-survival-knife.1706107/), so I wanted to drop by my favorite thread on the internets (it's a series of tubes, by the way) and update it as well.

Tom, as always, I appreciate your support. But could you try a little harder to make me seem a little more unhinged? By only mentioning the chinups on the knife and not the other bizarre testing/behavior, I don't feel I came off as deranged as possible there. :p:D

Just kidding, I always enjoy reading your Randall posts. Great accumulation of knowledge.

OK, I will put up more pics and a video later. Thank you!

Sam

Reactions: TAH
OK, here are the rest of the pics for the M9. This one is in the M.O.A. System family of knives (Make it Out Alive) and has the optional PSK knife, also. The whole package came out very nicely (I was pleased, anyway) and represents a new model for me, and is added to the lineup effective immediately.

This is one that I had been wanting to do for awhile to get an idea out of my head and onto some steel, but that also pays a little tribute to Lile and Crain, without who there probably wouldn't be much of a hollow handle market.

As mentioned, there is more info in the C&H thread (https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/wilson-m9-hollow-handle-survival-knife.1706107/) but I am going to put the photos here also, as a reference.

yDAe1A0.jpg

Th2cwYp.jpg

cExAm1S.jpg

0CFNoGB.jpg

TtDpcOW.jpg

aIDCF1L.jpg

0qLelFn.jpg

P9WX1st.jpg

J2gLr4n.jpg

There's a lot going on there, so feel free to ask any questions or leave any feedback/constructive criticism, I always want to make progress. Thank you for looking!

Sam :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Been doing a bunch of research and there are a few good choices but many of them are not available as the makers are not taking orders or have a long wait list. So I have found these available fairly soon. A Randall Model 18 in SS and Carbon and 7.5”. Can also get a Greg Wall Rambo First Blood 9” and and a mid sized 7”. Both can be had fairly soon in 440C or D2. Anyone have experience with these???

Last edited:
Shane, I don't have any experience with those, but if you're interested in an M9 (based on your earlier post) it's about a 4 month wait. Either way, I hope you get what you're after.

Sam

Good find, Tom. It's amazing sometimes the massive wealth of info accumulated on Bladeforums over the years.

When I completed the new M9 prototype, I went ahead and made a video about it. I figured this would be a good way to show all of the various features and also explain the design concept and philosophy behind the M9 and most of my other knives.

So here we go. It will probably bore you to death, and you'll have to stare at my ugly mug for awhile, but the info may be useful.

Sam :thumbsup:

ETA: Sorry, some of the pics didn't come out clear, I'll be more careful next time. Also, HERE is a link to a writeup in C&H.

Here are a few more of this SAFE System (Survival Adventure Field and Exploration).

This one features a blasted finish, asymmetrical guard with lashing holes, steel plated buttcap, Basic Survival Kit, and blade of CPM154 stainless steel. Sheath has a pouch and belt loop that opens with a Lift-the-Dot snap, is fully lined with calf skin for a quiet and smooth draw. Very functional!

QqI8tOL.jpg

yazGzDr.jpg

4URBPLZ.jpg

o7qQgiT.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Sam

Last edited:
Tom, much appreciated as always, my friend. Lest the world never forget that TAH was an early supporter of Wilson Custom Knives and had a hand in the design of the SAFE System. I won't forget. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Reactions: TAH
That's right and don't forget it. I did have a significant hand in this project. Sam did most of the designing, built it, and my part was saying, "That looks great!" :D

OK, as promised here is a video on the latest generation S.A.F.E. System. I wanted to add it to the thread so that as much HH information as possible is in one place. This covers about as much detail as you can stand, and explains a lot of little, possibly overlooked features on the unit. I hope you enjoy!

Sam, Very nice video, and nice tool. Very professional and well done.

Back