The Inkosi Appreciation Thread

I've recently been trying to correct more than a few months of shoddy attendance here at these CRK pages as I have a Reeve knife in my pocket at least as often as the other makers' I'm fond of. I searched myself in this thread to see what I might have put here before and was surprised to find nothing, so....

After a few years of just 21's and a StarTac I picked up a PJ large 25 and came to like it quite a bit. That one led me to a beautiful LNIB large Inkosi natural Micarta from @MreeceC which led me back to another 25--a large StarBenza. As the Inkosi is really an improved 25, I generally think of those models as basically the same knife and heartily agree with its re-branding as a non-Sebenza (is that a thing?). I missed my only PJ after trading away my first 25 and took the opportunity to check off a few boxes I wanted to fill in my accumulation of CRKs by picking up a PJ large Inkosi which gave me my second of that model as well as a second Insingo.

Anyway, of the several improvements the Inkosi brings to its predecessor 25, the one I like best is the floating stop pin which makes the dialing in of the knife's action both simpler and less compromising in terms of not needing to back off a stop pin screw for freer action opening and closing. Here are my two....

UZYovNM.jpg

WNm6Rpq.jpg

WL57lch.jpg

hPlUMz5.jpg

Last edited:
Back