The J.A.C.K.

The JACK has now been pushed back to an August release and the Kirby Lambert Crossroads has been moved forward as the next knife for release.

True Talon True Talon what do you think about getting wood inlays on this?

For example, an ideal loadout for me would be:

- Damasteel blade
- Wood inlays
- Ditch blue screw in the inlays to one that matches the color of the damasteel pivot (silverish) or matched to handle color.
- Gray titanium handle

Would be a beautiful example of old world meets new world.

Putting down a deposit for my JACK today. Went with my initial preference: M390/CF/Flame.
I will more likely see about some swappable scales than a 2nd knife. (Blue Twill maybe, or wood could be cool, like a birch.)

Congrats b00n b00n ... Great choice! Wood scales would make this knife even more boss!

I know BF has rules about retailers and all that, most of which I don't completely understand, however can someone let me know if/when a US-based retailer has them for pre-order. If it is against BF rules to post to this thread, can you just PM me?

Congrats b00n b00n ... Great choice! Wood scales would make this knife even more boss!

I know BF has rules about retailers and all that, most of which I don't completely understand, however can someone let me know if/when a US-based retailer has them for pre-order. If it is against BF rules to post to this thread, can you just PM me?

I think the rule is easiest explained with a sports analogy: Bladeforum is the team, the official dealers the sponsors on the jersey. If your shirt says Pepsi, Management is gonna very annoyed if you get photographed gulping down a Coke. (Funny enough recently the croatian national team was fine ~75,000 $ for drinking non sponsored beverages :eek::D)
I PM'ed you though :thumbsup:

For the interested parties, according to Reate's IG account, the first batch of JACK's is going out to dealers tomorrow (August 5th). With shipping they should land maybe in a week or so?

I know we kinda batted it around earlier, but does anyone know of plans for custom scales for the JACK?

I know we kinda batted it around earlier, but does anyone know of plans for custom scales for the JACK?
Doubt it, since nobody really has one in hand, and you need specs to get a template.
On IG nobody I follow mentioned plans yet either. The talent is there though, wait and see. 0393 scales are only now becoming main stream and has been out for months.

I've been expecting the JACK to drop any day now. Haven't spotted one yet.

Same here, conflicting sources said it might be pushed back until next week. (Shipping to dealers on the 24th or something like that :confused:)

Reate posted on IG that they would be shipped on Aug 5 so if it's now Aug 24 that's a bit disappointing.

Reate posted on IG that they would be shipped on Aug 5 so if it's now Aug 24 that's a bit disappointing.

They did, yeah. Reate's US Distributor (who should have an account here! In my opinion at least), mentioned a date in the third week of August, I can try to find it tomorrow. I wasn't sure if he meant that it's when the 2nd batch ships since that one was supposed to land in September, which would have worked out. We'll see I guess, maybe if there isn't anything new until mid next week I DM them about it.

Thanks b00n b00n for your continued diligence and surveillance of this matter!

No problem. I might see about talking to Jon (Reate US) and maybe see if he is interested in participating on the subforum. Would be nice to have somebody official here show some face.

That would be awesome as Reate seems to be pumping out all the best collabs and in-house designs. I do like WE too, I wish they had a subforum.

Back