The J.A.C.K.

Mine is laying around at home now and I am stuck at work for 6.5 more hours :confused: well at least something to look forward to :)

Awesome! Congrats b00n b00n

Thanks, will post some impressions and probably pics too when I am home.
tenor.gif

Mine will be here early next week. I have both a brass/flamed and CF/gray coming, so it will be interesting to compare both side by side.

Mine will be here early next week. I have both a brass/flamed and CF/gray coming, so it will be interesting to compare both side by side.

Thought about a brass as well with the next drop but I ended up getting my dealer to set aside a CKF Spectra so the money is allocated elsewhere.

Soooooooo, the wait is over. I'll refrain from pics for now because it's dark and I don't have decent enough lighting. My first impressions:
- The action is superb, especially the way you unlock it, just the way the lock geometry is there is no "ramp" that you feel (you know when the blade overcomes the detent)
- The flaming on the spine is more subtle than it appears on pictures (which I like)
- The marble CF is quite nice, looks good, don't have any other knives with it, so I'll have to check it out more closely in better light.
- The blue screws fit well, at least with this version in my opinion since the flame ano on the back adds some hues of blue
- Last but not least, it's a big knife for sure, in a weird way even, the term massive comes to mind, the K2 and the Valhalla aren't much shorter, thinner or lighter, but the JACK feels like a sword compared to them somehow.

Take it all with a grain of salt for now, but all in all I think anybody who ordered on will be happy they got one. I feel like even if you don't end up keeping it, it's a knife that will retain value close to what you paid for, so it'll be worth giving a try. :thumbsup:

Got mine! I love it. Really the thing is a beast. Picking up my endevour after the jack is like going from the endevour to the reate wave. This is my first cf knife and I love the way it looks and feels.

Knife is just great all around if you can get down with the size. I'd be really curious to see if reate could swing a smaller knife that feels as top-shelf as this. By far the smoothest action I've ever felt... I've never touched a shiro, brown, grimsmo or thorburn ...but it's hard to imagine how anything could feel smoother. Maybe someone with a little more of an extensive collection could shed light on what I'm missing out on...right now my entire collection is reate (even sold my zaan to fund this) and I always say I'll save up for something else yet I keep caving for reate knives. Have not been let down by them.

Anyways for the Jack...might not carry it quite like I have my eraser but I'll enjoy it anytime i look at it and handle it.

Having held the CF and brass versions side by side, both are incredibly nice and set a very high bar for production knives. Personally, I prefer the heft of the brass, definitely approaches pocket brick status! I can't imagine anyone being disappointed with these, unless they find it to be too large for them.

I’m about to pull the trigger and can’t decide if I should get the damasteel or m390. Either will be a collector piece.

Does anyone know if the Jack is limited production or are they gonna keep churning these out? Wondering if I should pick up a cf version. Thanks

I saw in the other Jack thread, 650 total. Wonder if they are numbered under the overlays. Don't mind me just talking to myself.

wonder how the brass compare to cf one in weight and comfortable to carry/using wise?

I thought these would sell out instantly but it appears there are still some available. I was travelling and just picked mine up. Gorgeous and flawless. Well balanced and feels light for it's size. Ground to a nice (not too thick) edge. Home run for Reate.

My second one arrived today, flamed with brass scales

My first one came last week, bronzed with carbon fiber & damasteel

They are absolutely perfect in every way

Out of the 16 reates I currently have I would rate the Jack #2, number #1 is my original Torrent in my opinion

Love the design but the size is massive for me. Would rather have a 3.5" blade version or I might wait for the Kirby Lambert.

Love the design but the size is massive for me. Would rather have a 3.5" blade version or I might wait for the Kirby Lambert.
Me too. Awesome in every way but just too darn big for my use. Beautiful though. Those who love big knives have got a keeper with this one for sure. Sadly, the Lambert does nothing for me.

Back