The J.A.C.K.

FYI a retailer has this available for pre-order right now for the carbon fiber options.

I can't list the retailer, because I believe they are not a sponsor of BF (I am not sure of the rules here on this point). But if you check through Reate's dealers you will eventually find it.... You might even laugh when you figure it out.

Yes! Knifecenter finally taking preorders. Got a $50 bonus point card to use so wanted to buy it there.
Ordered the bronze with brass inlays. Good luck to the rest of you finding the one you want.

Word is these are now shipping to the various dealers. Hopefully we don’t have too much longer to wait!

Yes! Knifecenter finally taking preorders. Got a $50 bonus point card to use so wanted to buy it there.
Ordered the bronze with brass inlays. Good luck to the rest of you finding the one you want.

Buy some suspenders so you don't lose your pants :D

Well it looks like Reate JACK is gonna beat the Spyderco Paysan on ship date... Unless something crazy happens.

Asked my dealer, was shipped out the day before yesterday from Reate to him as well, looks like it's landing here on Tuesday by his estimation. So should be here before next weekend. :thumbsup:

Something I am just wondering does anybody know how they are distributed in terms of numbers? Like how many of those 270 knives are M390 / Damasteel?

JACK Update, arrived at my dealer a little earlier today. Gonna be here most likely Thursday or Friday. :thumbsup:
I suspect all others will get them this week as well, shipping from China should take about the same time to the states too.

True Talon True Talon , wrote it in his opening post, he should know.
How do you know it is 270?

The 270 figure was the first run back in July. I believe it's closer to 400 now, with the July and September runs combined. 400 was the planned total number.

Sorry I don't know the breakup of the blade types by numbers.

Our order is being delivered tomorrow according to Fedex.

This is what Reate shipped us.

Between July and now I think we had 4 customers cancel their orders for various reasons. I remember two were because their wives said no. That seems to be a very common reason for guys not buying knives, guns and other collectibles....

TSS_-_JACK_KNIFE_-_SOLD_LIST.jpg

Last edited:
This is what Reate shipped us.

Between July and now I think we had 4 customers cancel their orders for various reasons. I remember two were because their wives said no. That seems to be a very common reason for guys not buying knives, guns and other collectibles....

TSS_-_JACK_KNIFE_-_SOLD_LIST.jpg

Does Reate have a special model number or something for the third one from the bottom? I'd really like to get one of the Damasteel J.A.C.K.s but I'm just not a big fan of the other Damasteel patterns. A lot of the pre-orders merely specify Damasteel and not the specific pattern unfortunately and at that price I'd like to know what I'm getting.

Re
Does Reate have a special model number or something for the third one from the bottom? I'd really like to get one of the Damasteel J.A.C.K.s but I'm just not a big fan of the other Damasteel patterns. A lot of the pre-orders merely specify Damasteel and not the specific pattern unfortunately and at that price I'd like to know what I'm getting.

Reate goes by name and description - there's no model number for each variation within a model.

So that one is: "JACK - Flame - Damasteel blade - Carbon Fiber." With Damasteel the dealers don't get to pick what patterns they want and they are allocated at random when ordered. It's just the luck of the draw what we get. Some dealers will photograph the different patterns they get and some don't.

You can always ask a dealer for a photo of what patterns they have in stock. No harm in asking.

I believe that pattern is either "Odin's Eye" or "Dense twist" (for me it's Odin's Eye). The knife above it is the "Grossrosen" pattern. On past Damasteel models I was told by our sales rep that pattern is about 1 in 3 of all the Damasteel blades. I'm not sure on the JACK though.

I'm taking that knife for myself as I prefer that pattern as well. But I might be willing to sell it if you can't find one.

Here's a better pic of what Reate had on offer in Damasteel.

CF_damasteel_1.jpg

Back