The Just Hanging Out Thread.

Haha being from NYC I taught my wife the concept of "ride or die" for your honey as she's from the mountains in the Berkshires.

That said she now uses it against me at will and basically at any sign of resistance towards doing a new project. Last year, after not having a kitchen for the entire summer and a week before Thanksgiving she asked that we do the floors ourselves I had a complete fit.

We finally got it done as a summer project this year.

Edit tracking number pm'd!

Neko2 Neko2 I sent an thumbdrive to our IT service and they stuck a fresh OS installer on it. I'm loading up your laptop now with the new OS so it won't be long before I ship!

I'm not a mac guy btw but I have to give credit where it's due, I gotta say their screens are amazing!

i0DaU8H.jpg

Last edited:
I put off buying new tires for my car because I was being cheap about it.
So I sold a pound of pipe tobacco for enough cash to order the tires and now I feel like I live in 1810, paying for things with bulk goods.

Wow!
What's in that pound of pipe tobacco? A brick of weed? Lol.
McClelland tobacco closed its doors about a year ago. They made the best stuff available, used old school methods, found the best leaf and aged it well.
Now that you cannot get it, and you can't get anything that really is at its level (probably ever again), it fetches a premium.
I sold off most of the blends I had that I didn't really smoke anymore (I stick to straight red VA leaf).
Now what I have left (maybe 4-5 lbs) has to last a lifetime.
(I told y'all when I put up that tobacco PIF that it was worth it!)

Still, my wife just shook her head at me when I told her I sold a pound of tobacco for tires.

Edit tracking number pm'd!

Neko2 Neko2 I sent an thumbdrive to our IT service and they stuck a fresh OS installer on it. I'm loading up your laptop now with the new OS so it won't be long before I ship!

I'm not a mac guy btw but I have to give credit where it's due, I gotta say their screens are amazing!

i0DaU8H.jpg
Thank you!
I'm pretty stoked to have an operational
McClelland tobacco closed its doors about a year ago. They made the best stuff available, used old school methods, found the best leaf and aged it well.
Now that you cannot get it, and you can't get anything that really is at its level (probably ever again), it fetches a premium.
I sold off most of the blends I had that I didn't really smoke anymore (I stick to straight red VA leaf).
Now what I have left (maybe 4-5 lbs) has to last a lifetime.
(I told y'all when I put up that tobacco PIF that it was worth it!)

Still, my wife just shook her head at me when I told her I sold a pound of tobacco for tires.
There's a part of me that thinks that's the way life should be. Trading, bartering, exchanging goods for goods...
Although it's a shame that we've lost such a great brand if quality pipe tobacco.
Another sign of the times... This generation of grandpas won't be sitting on the porch with a pipe, they'll be sitting on their phone vaping.

Why not dietary cholesterol? It’s well proven.

The rest of your comment about refined sugar, lack of exercise, proper rest, etc. is a big assumption.

Oh hey, I just saw this now. My friend, I actually thought about this post today while at work, and it only dawned on me that it might have sounded like I was accusing you of those things. I was not.

Please allow me to explain: I know that for years eggs were demonized by the medical institution as being bad for the heart, and they particularly singled out the yolks because of dietary cholesterol. Meanwhile, fast forward a few decades and the evidence is showing that eggs have never been a problem, and are in fact tremendously good for overall health. My own anecdotal experience supports this (I have historically eaten lots of eggs, even as many as 8 a day when I was younger - but it's important to keep the yolks soft so as not to denature the protein), and to this day I continue to have an active and healthy lifestyle, and bodily health and vigour surpassing my peers.

So when I thought of the "cholesterol is bad" argument, I have to admit I had a knee jerk reaction on account with my experience with eggs. So my comment may have been out to lunch, pardon the pun, but it was certainly not an attempt to speculate about your health or habits. Just pointing out what is known, which is that refined sugar, lack of exercise, and proper rest are major contributive factors to bad health for many people.

Again, it was not meant to point a finger at you, and given you seem to have taken it that way, I am humbled by your very reserved and level headed reply. My salutations to you Saber Cat.

Oh hey, I just saw this now. My friend, I actually thought about this post today while at work, and it only dawned on me that it might have sounded like I was accusing you of those things. I was not.

Please allow me to explain: I know that for years eggs were demonized by the medical institution as being bad for the heart, and they particularly singled out the yolks because of dietary cholesterol. Meanwhile, fast forward a few decades and the evidence is showing that eggs have never been a problem, and are in fact tremendously good for overall health. My own anecdotal experience supports this (I have historically eaten lots of eggs, even as many as 8 a day when I was younger - but it's important to keep the yolks soft so as not to denature the protein), and to this day I continue to have an active and healthy lifestyle, and bodily health and vigour surpassing my peers.

So when I thought of the "cholesterol is bad" argument, I have to admit I had a knee jerk reaction on account with my experience with eggs. So my comment may have been out to lunch, pardon the pun, but it was certainly not an attempt to speculate about your health or habits. Just pointing out what is known, which is that refined sugar, lack of exercise, and proper rest are major contributive factors to bad health for many people.

Again, it was not meant to point a finger at you, and given you seem to have taken it that way, I am humbled by your very reserved and level headed reply. My salutations to you Saber Cat.
Hey, we’re good. It’s all history. Don’t sweat the small stuff .

I run Windows 7 on a couple computers. Both have a button to update to Windows 10. MS is charging for the "upgrade" ($139 I believe). Does anyone know if I can just change over to Windows 10 in January with the upgrade button that was "included" when I bought these two computers?

I run Windows 7 on a couple computers. Both have a button to update to Windows 10. MS is charging for the "upgrade" ($139 I believe). Does anyone know if I can just change over to Windows 10 in January with the upgrade button that was "included" when I bought these two computers?

Not sure, but mine upgraded on its own without permission. Kind of ticked me off at first, but works well enough so got over it.

You might be able to using your win 7 product key

Back