The Just Hanging Out Thread.

Was recently told of this thread by Deinos Deinos , slightly derivative of the old PIF thread. Pursuant to that, I am hereby acknowledging ingregious latency in getting what I promised, out to him. Lol....like over two years late. Sorry bud.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/kWSXGFkp7guN7g1w7
Haha, no worries! Life happens.... and it was like a Xmas in Spring surprise when I got them 😁

----------
Was just chatting with Chad and realized I haven't checked in in awhile. How have y'all been? Been a busy summer here, and I have still been on the buying WAYYYYYY too many knives kick...:oops: Really need to "Marie Kondo" the collection and see what sparks joy... but I have been way too lazy to get pics/descriptions together...🤣 So... might see a sales post.... if I can get off my *** to do it...

I met a guy online while chatting about paintball. It's another hobby that I enjoy in the weekends. Turned out he was a very knowledgeable knife nut.

We were chatting and he was looking to get his dad a gent's knife possibly a Spyderco slippie. I ended offering to send him that le Ripple in Acuto which I believe sabrecat sent me. My new friend ended up hand sharpening it and sending it onto his dad who carries it now outside of work.

Hope your summers have been well. I was picked up by a very large healthcare comms agency earlier in the year and have been knee deep in learning about new treatments and therapies in science in order to write comms for these start up biotechs. It's been a fun journey so far.

I met a guy online while chatting about paintball. It's another hobby that I enjoy in the weekends. Turned out he was a very knowledgeable knife nut.

We were chatting and he was looking to get his dad a gent's knife possibly a Spyderco slippie. I ended offering to send him that le Ripple in Acuto which I believe sabrecat sent me. My new friend ended up hand sharpening it and sending it onto his dad who carries it now outside of work.

Hope your summers have been well. I was picked up by a very large healthcare comms agency earlier in the year and have been knee deep in learning about new treatments and therapies in science in order to write comms for these start up biotechs. It's been a fun journey so far.
That's awesome! Congrats on the new gig 🙌

Mid/Late summer update.

So some interesting things happened at work. We started to go back to the office 2X a week, although I must admit when it gets busy I stay home as I often need the extra time.

I work at a comms agency and one of the guys pointed at my pocket. I paused as I whipped out a Spyderco Urban and he pawed it a bit and whipped out a Benchmade 940 in G10. That was actually the first time I ever handled a G10 940 out of the few 940's that I have owned none of them were G10. Total game changer on that knife vs. slippery aluminum and carbon fiber which is equally slippery.

Another day I showed him a WE Zinker Dogtooth and he immediately began checking out the website. I could tell that he was migrating towards some of the larger models so I could tell what he was into.

I need to start looking at a quality slippy as well. As at some point down the road, maybe a long while from now we will once again be going into the office more frequently and wearing suits.

It's been fun working in healthcare comms although the hours are crazy. I've done some crisis comm sessions after a short seller bucket shop put out a hit report on a client and we had to combat it. I created a crisis comms agenda for them and they took it to heart bringing in no less than a dozen advisors including the legal and PR team from one of the largest private equity groups in the world. That was interesting watching and managing the chaos. At some point there were so many cooks in the kitchen I just let go control of the process to watch it cement in place organically. It was all that I could do.

I was also told that I had onboarded more clients onto my roster of clients that I would be servicing faster than any other comms person. That was pretty hectic as well. At this point I was just trying to enjoy the ride of being employed again and having the prospects of starting my own shop right before I got picked up in March.

To date I have been able to work on:
-NK natural killer cell therapy
-Fatty liver disease
-Another cancer killer for solid tumors
-Multiple COVID-Vaccine therapeutic antibody stories/antibody discovery engines
-Rare and orphan diseases
-psychedelic treatment for depression (super interesting)

Out of all the industries that I have worked in I gotta say that life sciences and biotech is prolific.

I built an earnings script for one company that is an emerging "frontier" stock and the stock popped $10 on an earnings beat. It feels nice to be working for companies that are doing something good though and just not making rich people richer.

Back