The Just Hanging Out Thread.

These all seem to be from Russia, too. :(
Have you tried USA Knifemaker's page and Jantz I forget where but there used to be this stuff called Teseract by that German scalemaker. I didn't want to pay their prices and found out that it was just Kirinite and I ended up buying a block from of the spots above! ^

South paw draw South paw draw

When you order AWT scales for Pete, please check on availability of standard scales for my 550.

Thanks.
I already ordered the scales. And ordered a set of tan grip scales for you. Last we talked you said you couldn't get the red ones you wanted. Well I want you to have them so I'm gonna RITE DYE a set of tan for you and Merry Christmas brother.

I already ordered the scales. And ordered a set of tan grip scales for you. Last we talked you said you couldn't get the red ones you wanted. Well I want you to have them so I'm gonna RITE DYE a set of tan for you and Merry Christmas brother.
Dang those will look great! Good on ya brother

Cool! Thank you so much. It should be fun to see how those turn out.

I was planning to make a comment about not having anything cherry in years but, then figured it might not be the best idea.

It should be fun to see a standard Benchmade 550 with red scales. That is something Benchmade does not offer. The only time they offered red scales was on the 550T Griptilian Trainer. Discontinued years ago.

I was planning to make a comment about not having anything cherry in years but, then figured it might not be the best idea.

It should be fun to see a standard Benchmade 550 with red scales. That is something Benchmade does not offer. The only time they offered red scales was on the 550T Griptilian Trainer. Discontinued years ago.
If you only knew how hard it was to find cherry red rite dye. Lol. Red... super easy cherry red... not so much.

Only one I know of currently that is sorta red is the KnifeCenter exclusive Bugout. It doesn't look bad at all but it not going to be as purdy as a brighter red Grip like yours will be!

https://www.knifecenter.com/listing/knifecenter-exclusive-battlewash-benchmade-bugout

When u use the Smith's on s35vn,is it supposed to feel like it wants to bite in to your finger,if so I only did a few passes and it cut threw a towel folded twice.

Which smith's sharpener is it? If the s35v's knive edge is already properly apexed (it's angles are set correct) and the knife is reasonably already sharp then it won't take much to get it to very sharp. You could have the same results most likely stropping on pages of notebook paper with some diamond compound paste on it.

Forreal paper,this world is crazy.lol just kidding thank for the answer,and yes I had it sharped awhile ago but it wasn't cutting good any more,and now it cuts pretty good.but it's a type of knife that deserve a mirror edge,in my opinion

Forreal paper,this world is crazy.lol just kidding thank for the answer,and yes I had it sharped awhile ago but it wasn't cutting good any more,and now it cuts pretty good.but it's a type of knife that deserve a mirror edge,in my opinion
The compound is the key... you can pretty much put it on any even surface and get nice results.

AND mirror edges are overrated! I use the DMT Dia paste 6 microns on a belt for burr removal. It smells a bit chemically but otherwise does a great job.

20191115_144648.jpg

Wanted to share the shaman I got from @David Mary . I did a out of pif trade with him and picked this up. Had @WValtakis thin it out to make it a slicing beast and give it a satin finish. Add a choil and put a little texture on the scales. With the work both have done this shaman is truly one of a kind and also now left hand friendly. I would like to thank David for making the offer even though I was not interested and his offer was well worth more then what he took in trade for it . Truly one of the nicest men I have met and have had the honor to deal with.

A special thank you to @WValtakis for taking a trade do some work for me. I known trades don't pay the bills and you don't do that 90% of the time. I'm blessed by your talents and friendship. I know what I ask you to do wasn't the easiest thing to do. Not the hardest but certainly way above my pay grade. I will most certainly enjoy using this knife for many years because of both you fella.

So thank you both from the bottom of my heart.

Edit. I should mention the mods David did to the shaman. And david if I miss anything please chime in as it was already loaded with tons of them and I'm sure I'm gonna miss one.

Removed the tap that hits the finger( thumb if your a lefty and is what caused me to drop a freinds and not want the shaman) when you close it.

Reprofiled the blade shape
Trimmed down the back bone to reshape the blade or redefine it into a more Bowie like blade shape .

Chamfered the spydie hold.

Reshaped the handle for a better formed fit.a.k.a. took the bump out of the pointer finger slot so it's more comfortable.

Smoothed the g-10 out .( with the numbness in the hands I had to have WValtakis put a little texture back. It was a little to smooth for me. But it did feel.nice)

Added a deep carry pocket clip.

And I think a few other things I just cant remember

Last edited:
View attachment 1232849

Wanted to share the shaman I got from @David Mary . I did a out of pif trade with him and picked this up. Had @WValtakis thin it out to make it a slicing beast and give it a satin finish. Add a choil and put a little texture on the scales. With the work both have done this shaman is truly one of a kind and also now left hand friendly. I would like to thank David for making the offer even though I was not interested and his offer was well worth more then what he took in trade for it . Truly one of the nicest men I have met and have had the honor to deal with.

A special thank you to @WValtakis for taking a trade do some work for me. I known trades don't pay the bills and you don't do that 90% of the time. I'm blessed by your talents and friendship. I know what I ask you to do wasn't the easiest thing to do. Not the hardest but certainly way above my pay grade. I will most certainly enjoy using this knife for many years because of both you fella.

So thank you both from the bottom of my heart.
Damn, that is nice! :thumbsup:

Back