The Just Hanging Out Thread.

Got a couple UltiClips this week (Slim 3.3 and the XL). So far, I've only tried the slim, but really like the profile and mechanism. Really locks in there for pocket and waistband carry. Will post some pics when I can.
Wow, those look great.

I just wanted to say to those who sent knives my way during the thread. I am very grateful. I carry the alox electrician or recruit I was sent each day. The rat 2 is my work knife most days. Such a great bunch of guys
That's awesome! Glad to see the electrician getting carried. Great little knife/multitool, but it just never was able to kick the Pioneer out of my pocket.

I-O!
I was in the Columbus area the last few days and come back to this. My wife is a OH native and alumnus.

Hey everybody, I’m curious about how many of us are using the knives that we received from the pay it forward thread.

my EDC came from the PIF over a year ago. i caught and released a couple that just werent for me

sorry to see it closed down, but it looks like it got a little crazy

I know I’m late with the response, but after everything that happened I thought distancing myself from all the infighting was the best approach. I didn’t participate in the PIF thread to get into arguments with other members. I’m really happy to have been a part of it, though. Thank you to everyone that helped keep it afloat as long as you did. I’m glad to have met a lot of great members on here, and to have had no bad interactions with any of them personally.

I’ve been lucky enough to score some really excellent keepers, and I’m certain I’ve used everything I’ve received except for a single item from bikerector bikerector , the folding saw you sent along with the camping set. I use the Fiskars and Mora(it was my first Mora and it’s orange so that automatically makes it awesome) all the time, it’s just that I’ve always been more of a chopper than a sawer, haha. I know it’ll come in handy when I need it, though.

Silky type saws are the shizznits! I tried to bring my chainsaw car camping once, the wife was like nope, lol.

Btw tiny fixed blade edc'ers have you guys seen this dudes work on the forum?

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...er-and-bursts-of-color.1694177/#post-19369234

YNpCpKO.jpg

I know I’m late with the response, but after everything that happened I thought distancing myself from all the infighting was the best approach. I didn’t participate in the PIF thread to get into arguments with other members. I’m really happy to have been a part of it, though. Thank you to everyone that helped keep it afloat as long as you did. I’m glad to have met a lot of great members on here, and to have had no bad interactions with any of them personally.

I’ve been lucky enough to score some really excellent keepers, and I’m certain I’ve used everything I’ve received except for a single item from bikerector bikerector , the folding saw you sent along with the camping set. I use the Fiskars and Mora(it was my first Mora and it’s orange so that automatically makes it awesome) all the time, it’s just that I’ve always been more of a chopper than a sawer, haha. I know it’ll come in handy when I need it, though.
what folding saw did you end up with? I use the Silky Gomboy, and I can't imagine not having it in my pack... the size and weight vs cutting ability is crazy and they are such a great value!

what folding saw did you end up with? I use the Silky Gomboy, and I can't imagine not having it in my pack... the size and weight vs cutting ability is crazy and they are such a great value!

It’s a Fiskars, a Powertooth if I’m not mistaken. I’m 100% sure it’d rip through whatever I put it on, I just always grab a axe/hatchet/knife for most of the chores. I should definitely take it out next time I could use it, that way I can confidently say that I used everything I’ve gotten from the thread.

I carry a silky bigboy now for my portable needs bormally, but also have a bahco I got in a trade. If I can pull it off, I prefer to carry my general purpose irwin saw or dandy pack saw. I'll admit though, the silky big boy is a monster and if I didn't fear bending the blade so much I think I would like it more. I tend to take down windfalls for trail maintance which means the trees are hung up 75% of the time and it's just a stick situation.

I use the axe to finish landing then to the ground when I can, but it's harder to pack that in on the bicycle if it's far from the trail head. Still doable though and I have a full-size head on a boys axe length handle to pack a lot of punch still. I have a rinaldi trento felling axe for that purpose.

I saw a few of you updated your use of PIF items, so I figured I would as well...

The Benchmade Bone Collector folder I claimed gets carried pretty regularly, and I've taken it to my deer lease the last few times I've gone as well for general use.

I also picked up an orange Delica and orange Dragonfly. My son uses the Delica when he goes on Boy Scout camp outs, and my daughter will be using the Dragonfly to get her whittling chip in Cub Scouts. We put together a wooden version of the Dragonfly a few years ago, so she's familiar with the design.

Thanks to everyone I claimed things from, and I hope others are getting some use out of the things I put up in return.

If u had only 40 bucks for a knife which one would you choose.

For what use, folder or fixed, or just $40 and that's it for all your needs?

Edit: I'll assume it's $40 total. I would probably do a buck 110LT and a mora companion. Probably in orange too. I think both are right around $20 each new.

For what use, folder or fixed, or just $40 and that's it for all your needs?

Edit: I'll assume it's $40 total. I would probably do a buck 110LT and a mora companion. Probably in orange too. I think both are right around $20 each new.
You know what I didnt even look at it like,$40 can be anyway u spend it on knives,but mostly I'm looking for a good idea for a knife at that price.

I seen a commercial this morning and it was thanking the vets for their service,basically saying if it wasn't for them we wouldn't be able to have some what of a peaceful life basically.i just wanted to say they are a thousand percent right,and to thank them for everything they did we give them a day.maybe I'm reading to much into it but after seeing some of the movies, and hearing some of the stories.they deserve alot more then that,and for the people who are still serving, thank you to and be safe out there.

Back