The Just Hanging Out Thread.

I work with the public too but I do spend my time in the back office and behind a counter. When I do need to go out into the public area I usually take the fixed out of the sheath and lay it in my desk so I get it.

yn8tqZo.jpg

Here's my "real life" #1. @sabre cat Monofletch Monofletch I received this one from Monofletch. He was sending me something and threw it in the bag. It was timely as I was without one after sending an Endura to another member in the PIF thread. Over the years I've been head first into the hobby and posting up new toys which is always fun. But like everyone else, sometimes you need to take a break from the purchases.

At the end of the day most of my everyday EDC have hardly a scratch on them as I don't really have a reason to cut anything on most days with a pocket knife. That said this Endura is my most used, most trusted, go to knife. I'm even happier that a member gifted it to me. Even my Spyderco Native which in many ways is the better knife just takes a back seat to this one. I've cut an entire winter's worth of cardboard boxes up for recycling witht this knife. Today I decided to sharpen it up, strop and clean the tape off the blade. It took all of a few minutes to get it back to shaving hair sharp. Something to be said about normal good quality steels. The latest and greatest steels are awesome but the knife industry has come a long way and even the regular 'ol steels like VG-10 do just fine. Using a beat old old crock stick system and a Henckel steel is my normal quickie sharpening routine for kitchen knives but I do this for general maintenanace on my folders as well. Thanks again for the gift John!

Resurrection post! How is everyone doing? Haven’t been on here much lately. Hope everyone is doing well this year...

Still here. Been a busy winter for me with more changes to come hopefully both with forum stuff and the day job. Been doing a lot of gear hunting for some backpacking plans the family has as I have nearly an obsessive drive to make sure my son gets copious amounts of outdoor experiences. Going to be draggin him everywhere with me this year if it all works out as planned.

Im still around too...however sporadically.

Here and present! I was downsized from my job in February. They shutdown the whole NY office. Nuts!

Here and present! I was downsized from my job in February. They shutdown the whole NY office. Nuts!
Wishing you the best, bud. Hopefully things will turn around quickly for you once we make it to the other end of this thing. If not, let us know if we can help.

Back