The Just Hanging Out Thread.

Wow. Been a long time. Great to see some familiar names in here. I Hope everyone is getting along well these days.
Speak of the devil... was just using this to open a pkg earlier...

y1YPKN2.jpg

Last edited:
Im still kicking too. Lot of work for me, work around the house and yard. Still swinging blades, and even dip my toes in the water...
DDA89150-C3C5-4FF1-99CC-9A4EA606E9D4.jpeg
Glad to see everyone here. :)

cchu518 cchu518 They open up enough for you to hit those interviews?

Im still kicking too. Lot of work for me, work around the house and yard. Still swinging blades, and even dip my toes in the water...
View attachment 1371420
Glad to see everyone here. :)

cchu518 cchu518 They open up enough for you to hit those interviews?
I've been interviewing but nothing concrete yet. I have one next week though!

Nothing too crazy here just job hunting. Happy belated 4th to everyone!

I've been getting back into paintballing as my wife took a shine to it again recently. I usually play with an old school autococker marker but also picked up a pair of these Etha 2s. The Ethas are a little nuts. Getting back into the swing I've been clearing entire sides of the field.

S1yTq1b.jpg

Trying to stay safe and cooking at home as usual last night was a carb load day before paintball

8rvRTWV.jpg

Had a nice day at the beach too
pS4HfGc.jpg

Being unemployed my yard has been looking amazing lately!

XBdXt6s.jpg

No crazy knife purchases though but I managed to pick up some ultra light weight summer EDCs. A Gerber US1 and a pair of old LSTs. I only needed one and sent the 2nd one to sabre cat sabre cat who told me he's been enjoying it!

I've been getting back into paintballing as my wife took a shine to it again recently. I usually play with an old school autococker marker but also picked up a pair of these Etha 2s. The Ethas are a little nuts. Getting back into the swing I've been clearing entire sides of the field.

S1yTq1b.jpg

Trying to stay safe and cooking at home as usual last night was a carb load day before paintball

8rvRTWV.jpg

pS4HfGc.jpg

XBdXt6s.jpg

No crazy knife purchases though but I managed to pick up some ultra light weight summer EDCs. A Gerber US1 and a pair of old LSTs. I only needed one and sent the 2nd one to sabre cat sabre cat who told me he's been enjoying it!

That’s true. I have been enjoying that LST. It was the only knife I carried on the 4th.

I had forgotten how handy these little guys are. I had to actively choose a different knife when I left the house today. That should tell you how easy and natural the LST is to carry. Drop it in your pocket and forget about it.
One of Gerber’s better ideas.

Good news on the family side. I am now officially a Grandfather. My granddaughter came into the world about two weeks ago. Everyone is doing fine.

At my house things are changing a bit. Someone recently gave me some audio gear. This means that I must listen to massive amounts of music at high volume. Just to get a baseline on how the new gear sounds, of course.

Changes in speaker wire are now in the works. Along with some additions in the secondary speaker department. Upgraded inter-connects are sure to follow.

Anybody here still into two channel audio or has everyone shifted to AV gear?

Hanging in there, nothing's really changed for me and mine...we're pretty much hermits anyway. Just work and the occasional knife related puttering for the most part...it has put a serious damper on the meetups with @South paw draw and sabre cat sabre cat though:(

I am up for the idea of another burger meet. I can sit six feet from you and
@South paw draw. :)

S1yTq1b.jpg

8rvRTWV.jpg

pS4HfGc.jpg

XBdXt6s.jpg

Beautiful pics! Nice to hear Gerber quality has improved:thumbsup:

Hi All - Staying safe and busy here, on the mid-coast. Glad to hear from you and that no one seems too beat up - mostly up beat :thumbsup:

I recently acquired a couple of favorites. So have been eagerly waiting and busily learning and creating, through these times of uncertainty.

This one I waited for

A best among best (certainly for me) from French maker Guillaume Ducasse -

Named - Aigrette, aka in English EGRET

View attachment 1372006

Now safely carried with an exquisite lined clipped slip case by Jess of CEDAR GROVE LEATHER, an Etsy maker. Exceptionally fine leather work for an exceptional handcrafted folder!

View attachment 1372007

AND THEN - between jobs last month I got into making a handle for this Yrjö Puronvarsi/ YP Taonta Sheepsfoot "puukko". My first venture into stacking birch bark and working antler. Here is a WIP thread I wrote (on another forum) if you care for more info. It is a story.

Started with this ~

View attachment 1372013

AND ended with this ~

View attachment 1372014

Boat finally made it to the water this Friday. Could start sailing again IF the weather clears up. No yacht - an 18' Cape Dory Typhoon - a very fun and capable sailor.

View attachment 1372022

MORE than nice enough :)

View attachment 1372024

What else is going on? :)

Cheers, Ray
Making me jealous, Ray... Had an incident with my axe on the 4th so no water for me for 9 days... lol. (no worries, 3 stitches... no biggie... could have been worse :D).

Love the scales on that folder, and great job on the fixed handles!

An axe-ident?!:eek: Glad to hear it wasn't too bad;):)
Usually sooooo cautious... made it 40 yrs without stitches (not counting elbow surgery for a dislocation/chipped ulna). 1"-ish long... maybe 1/4" deep just above the first knuckle of thumb. Was being a total dumbass. Can grab a pic later, but didn't want to do that to y'all haha.

_____
Edit: I didn't think of "axe"-ident until the end of the evening... elicited the predictable eye-roll from the mrs... but my 5 year old thought it was hilarious :p

Last edited:
Usually sooooo cautious... made it 40 yrs without stitches (not counting elbow surgery for a dislocation/chipped ulna). 1"-ish long... maybe 1/4" deep just above the first knuckle of thumb. Was being a total dumbass. Can grab a pic later, but didn't want to do that to y'all haha.

_____
Edit: I didn't think of "axe"-ident until the end of the evening... elicited the predictable eye-roll from the mrs... but my 5 year old thought it was hilarious :p

5 year olds are the coolest :cool: Sorry you got caught being a DA but glad your sense of humor wasn't slashed. Thanks for not posting images :thumbsup: and thanks for your comments on my post :)

Back