The Just Hanging Out Thread.

Can't say if Gerber's quality has improved or not. I picked up at the same time a Gerber Air Ranger I didn't know what it was just that it was $3.50 in the knife clearance section, it has no steel markings so I'm guessing its nothing impressive. I've dedicated it to being my box opening and recycling cardboard knife.

I'm thinking that the LST has always been what it is though, a super lightweight lockback much in the same style as a lot of the lockbacks were making back in the 80's. This one just happened to be the first FRN type handled knife to come out in the market. 420HC steel I think. Not impressive either but it holds a hair shaving sharp edge and it is so easy to pocket. I just love it. The US1 is like an updated version of it and ppl must be nostalgic because they say it's not as good as the LST but they're pretty much the same knife. Can't beat the format at 1 ounces. It's a lot of knife and you don't even feel it in your pocket!

Can't say if Gerber's quality has improved or not. I picked up at the same time a Gerber Air Ranger I didn't know what it was just that it was $3.50 in the knife clearance section, it has no steel markings so I'm guessing its nothing impressive. I've dedicated it to being my box opening and recycling cardboard knife.

I'm thinking that the LST has always been what it is though, a super lightweight lockback much in the same style as a lot of the lockbacks were making back in the 80's. This one just happened to be the first FRN type handled knife to come out in the market. 420HC steel I think. Not impressive either but it holds a hair shaving sharp edge and it is so easy to pocket. I just love it. The US1 is like an updated version of it and ppl must be nostalgic because they say it's not as good as the LST but they're pretty much the same knife. Can't beat the format at 1 ounces. It's a lot of knife and you don't even feel it in your pocket!
Nice! Edge geometry makes all the difference with softer steel.

Three stitches is not much.
I had more than that from trying to cut a golf ball in two when I was a young snot-nosed punk kid with little common sense.

Now I am a senior citizen with little common sense and a scar on my left hand.

I've managed to make it 30 some years in life without needing any stitches. Been cut up a lot though, sometimes even through circumstances that weren't my fault.

Hmmm what's this I've stumbled upon? Just a place for BF peeps to chill and chat?

If so, am I turtle-y enough for the turtle club?

Hmmm what's this I've stumbled upon? Just a place for BF peeps to chill and chat?

If so, am I turtle-y enough for the turtle club?

There was a Pay-it-Forward (PIF) thread that ended up falling apart, and this thread was started afterwards for those PIF participants that still wanted to hang out and chat.

There was a Pay-it-Forward (PIF) thread that ended up falling apart, and this thread was started afterwards for those PIF participants that still wanted to hang out and chat.
Ah, thanks for clarifying! I had only read the last couple pages lol

Ive been busy as all heck...sorry folks...and BF isnt giving me notifications on this thread for some reason. :(
It seems like everyone and their dog here in Canada wants a deck built. Maybe to sit on and relax while collecting stimulus checks??
So I have been busting my butt to get some of these done, but now...SHORTAGE OF WOOD!!! Seriously??! Finding deckboards is impossible right now. Arg...and Im a contractor/carpenter. Things are nutty, but Im pushing through.
Glad to see this thread revived, and just hope all of you are staying healthy and levelheaded. :)

Plywood as a temporary deck is better than nothing. Of course no one will want to pay you twice for your real work or pony up to buy the extra material - but there are options in a desperate situation. :rolleyes: :(

Plywood as a temporary deck is better than nothing. Of course no one will want to pay you twice for your real work or pony up to buy the extra material - but there are options in a desperate situation. :rolleyes: :(

I did plywood to the door and some railings from the old 2x4 for safety. :) They do have a giant back deck to chill on for the time being. ;) Great minds think alike, and all that Jazz. :)

Hey guys I figured it was about time for an update of sorts. The new house and car repairs have kept me fairly busy. Work has been nuts with all the pandemic stuff I've been doing what I can to keep people working at my company. I'm doing pretty well though, all things considered.
And I guess a few PiF knife updates on some items of note.
The Endura I picked up from Roachbelly44 has found a new home with my future son in law. He literally carries it every single day and isn't afraid to use it. I get to touch up the edge about every month or 2 ;)
The S90V Mule I got from Woodysone has yet to be sharpened, not from lack of use but from super awesome edge retention!
That Hydra Buzzard, after months of regular carry, found itself piggybacked onto an Adamas fixed blade and together they made their way to an active duty sailor on the SS Forrest Sherman right before Christmas. His father was a former classmate that had hit me up on social media, knowing me to be a knife guy, looking for advice on what to get for his boy. I told him to save his cash and give me the address. Least I could do right?!? :D
Lots of others gotten through PiF or as gifts that get lots of pocket time. Except that big boy jlauffer sent doesn't fit in my pocket but it does slay its fair share of watermelons! :eek:

Hey guys I figured it was about time for an update of sorts. The new house and car repairs have kept me fairly busy. Work has been nuts with all the pandemic stuff I've been doing what I can to keep people working at my company. I'm doing pretty well though, all things considered.
And I guess a few PiF knife updates on some items of note.
The Endura I picked up from Roachbelly44 has found a new home with my future son in law. He literally carries it every single day and isn't afraid to use it. I get to touch up the edge about every month or 2 ;)
The S90V Mule I got from Woodysone has yet to be sharpened, not from lack of use but from super awesome edge retention!
That Hydra Buzzard, after months of regular carry, found itself piggybacked onto an Adamas fixed blade and together they made their way to an active duty sailor on the SS Forrest Sherman right before Christmas. His father was a former classmate that had hit me up on social media, knowing me to be a knife guy, looking for advice on what to get for his boy. I told him to save his cash and give me the address. Least I could do right?!? :D
Lots of others gotten through PiF or as gifts that get lots of pocket time. Except that big boy jlauffer sent doesn't fit in my pocket but it does slay its fair share of watermelons! :eek:

Glad to hear things are going well Michael, and that Colin's blade has been getting some use, even if it is just killing fruit!:thumbsup:

Hey guys, can anyone recommed an inexpensive front flipper folder? I want to test out the opening style for a design idea I'm vetting through over the next few months.

I got turned onto them by cchu518 cchu518 during the PiF thread actually. Liked it so much I bought the m390 version from BHQ and gave the PiF to my brother-in-law. Great knife :thumbsup:

Excited to see where you are going with this one :D

Back