The Just Hanging Out Thread.

You have a safari rack! I would love one of those.

I think the grand Cherokee rides a little bit nicer than your basic Cherokee like I have.

It’s certainly nicer with all the bells and whistle’s and a better interior.

It looks better too.
Well honestly I was looking for a heep to build to replace my 89 wrangler that I wish I'd never sold, and I was looking at cherokees and grand cherokees so I could take the whole family 4 wheeling. This popped up super cheap, and I snagged it. It still needs more tinkering and I have a long list of modifications planned..

Well honestly I was looking for a heep to build to replace my 89 wrangler that I wish I'd never sold, and I was looking at cherokees and grand cherokees so I could take the whole family 4 wheeling. This popped up super cheap, and I snagged it. It still needs more tinkering and I have a long list of modifications planned..
Such as?

Do u like tanto blades if there not to big
I like the look of tanto blades but I don’t find them very practical for everyday carry.

I own one and don’t think I am going to get another. A drop point is much better for my needs.

Last edited:
Well immediate plans are to upgrade to beefier steering linkages, then swap the rear axle to a Ford 8.8 and regear both axles to 4.88 and put locking differentials in each axle, then I'll put a full interior roll cage in, and then add bumpers and a winch etc etc etc.. lots of plans, little money lol

Well immediate plans are to upgrade to beefier steering linkages, then swap the rear axle to a Ford 8.8 and regear both axles to 4.88 and put locking differentials in each axle, then I'll put a full interior roll cage in, and then add bumpers and a winch etc etc etc.. lots of plans, little money lol

My Cherokee has to many issues right now to do fun stuff like that.

But, I can dream. So, two inch lift, safari rack, front and rear hitch, upgrade rims & tires, better lighting, second battery, and tinted windows.

So, I'm currently in an organizational design/development class and it's amazing how close to a horizontal/organic business structure the PIF thread operated in over the past year and a half. Minimal rules, no hierarchy, self-governed, minimal structure, and team empowerment (or peer pressure into participating).

It's also really interesting to note the downsides, as we saw at the end of the thread where the lack of centralized decision making body can be problematic.

Well looky what showed up in the mail! @woodysone , I'm definitely going to need a primer on this one! I've never seen a folder like this before! I'm showing my newness to the knife game here, but i haven't seen one like this! It is extremely cool! And dare I say multi functional? Might be my new garage bar knife! (Probably knife abuse to use it that way, but I have a hard time not using a knife to it's fullest potential!

Attachments

• 20191109_090812_compress21.jpg
    20191109_090812_compress21.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 20191109_090821_compress69.jpg
    20191109_090821_compress69.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 20191109_090854_compress31.jpg
    20191109_090854_compress31.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 21
So, I'm currently in an organizational design/development class and it's amazing how close to a horizontal/organic business structure the PIF thread operated in over the past year and a half. Minimal rules, no hierarchy, self-governed, minimal structure, and team empowerment (or peer pressure into participating).

It's also really interesting to note the downsides, as we saw at the end of the thread where the lack of centralized decision making body can be

It's also really interesting to note the downsides, as we saw at the end of the thread where the lack of centralized decision making body can be problematic.
the person who ran the pif thread,could they of did more than shut the thread down,or was that the only thing they was allowed to do.im not saying it was a bad idea,I'm just asking

I got this in the mail. I am a huge Husqvarna fan, I have an AWD push mower, string trimmer, and now a Commercial grade zero turn mower, all Husqvarna.. So when I saw this hatchet pop up on the PIF, I wanted to claim it, but didn't. Then @Coyja sent it to me anyway, along with this really cool SAK! Thanks so much man! These will definitely be put to use!

husqvarna by poriggity, on Flickr

As you can see, I am quite the Husqvarna fan. 60" zero turn was my latest acquisition when we moved from Reno, NV to just outside of Kansas City, MO, and I now have 3 acres of grass to mow :D My push mower is the AWD version which also comes in handy and I've also got a Husqvarna string trimmer somewhere in the garage. You could say I'm a bit brand loyal.. Big fan of the Big Orange H!
20191109_091435 by poriggity, on Flickr
20191109_091447 by poriggity, on Flickr

the person who ran the pif thread,could they of did more than shut the thread down,or was that the only thing they was allowed to do.im not saying it was a bad idea,I'm just asking

So this is the tricky part, no one person, or really even a select few, ran the thread. The person who opened the thread had the ability to close the thread, but he didn't run it exactly. There were other options than to closing it down, but it's really hard to say what would've been better or worse without having made one of those decisions. What was clear is that the thing was getting completely out of hand. Really, there is limited authority or ability outside of moderators to kick someone from a thread, or that would have been a pretty decent alternative. This is where the few bad players are able to take advantage of the situation because there are a limited set of guidelines and clear authority, similar to the management structure I mentioned.

In the single scenario I've been in that had a horizontal structure, the few people of authority punished the bad actors by punishing the whole group and then letting us handle the rest with the bad actors. This is kind of what the thread owner did by shutting the whole thing down, and we're kind of in that "the players are figuring the things out" before continuing onward. In a business or other organization, this would all happen quicker and while operations were occurring because outright shutting the thing down wouldn't be an option like it was with the PIF thread.

I think I explained that well. I'm working on a few things from today's studies to see if I can apply it to my workplace to improve efficiencies and improve our company's culture or employee satisfaction (which is outright crap, and it really bothers me they won't let me work on it because of my title, or lack of one).

So this is the tricky part, no one person, or really even a select few, ran the thread. The person who opened the thread had the ability to close the thread, but he didn't run it exactly. There were other options than to closing it down, but it's really hard to say what would've been better or worse without having made one of those decisions. What was clear is that the thing was getting completely out of hand. Really, there is limited authority or ability outside of moderators to kick someone from a thread, or that would have been a pretty decent alternative. This is where the few bad players are able to take advantage of the situation because there are a limited set of guidelines and clear authority, similar to the management structure I mentioned.

In the single scenario I've been in that had a horizontal structure, the few people of authority punished the bad actors by punishing the whole group and then letting us handle the rest with the bad actors. This is kind of what the thread owner did by shutting the whole thing down, and we're kind of in that "the players are figuring the things out" before continuing onward. In a business or other organization, this would all happen quicker and while operations were occurring because outright shutting the thing down wouldn't be an option like it was with the PIF thread.

I think I explained that well. I'm working on a few things from today's studies to see if I can apply it to my workplace to improve efficiencies and improve our company's culture or employee satisfaction (which is outright crap, and it really bothers me they won't let me work on it because of my title, or lack of one).
Thank you for your reply

Chad check this out you're going to enjoy the read. Agile programming practices are currently being applied across business everywhere.

Decentralized decision making needs structure and nominated authority, defined roles in order to operate at it's most efficient and results oriented way.

https://www.mckinsey.com/business-f...insights/the-journey-to-an-agile-organization

Chad check this out you're going to enjoy the read. Agile programming practices are currently being applied across business everywhere.

Decentralized decision making needs structure and nominated authority, defined roles in order to operate at it's most efficient and results oriented way.

https://www.mckinsey.com/business-f...insights/the-journey-to-an-agile-organization

Thank you much! I have it on my agenda to begin really digging into Agile management principles when my degree is finally complete. I find it disappointing that we didn't cover anything in-depth about the topic in my business/management/leadership courses in the past 3 years, but it seems to be one of the biggest changes in business management currently, at least from flourishing companies. They may not be wholly adopting the strategy but they are taking many of the components and integrating them into the business, with R&D and customer service probably being the two big ones I read about them being used. The nuts and bolts is what I haven't found in depth, or more importantly, how to get there from the traditional hierarchy structure without simply starting over. My degree focus is on change management so it seems like it would be an important point of study. I think my current book, so far, has basically said "it's hard" in a lot more words. So I have a starting point and end point, nothing on the how's on the in-between.

Well looky what showed up in the mail! @woodysone , I'm definitely going to need a primer on this one! I've never seen a folder like this before! I'm showing my newness to the knife game here, but i haven't seen one like this! It is extremely cool! And dare I say multi functional? Might be my new garage bar knife! (Probably knife abuse to use it that way, but I have a hard time not using a knife to it's fullest potential!

LOL, Martin, I found out where that friction folder went to.

Edit: Nevermind, @woodysone is on top of it.

sabre cat sabre cat here's the interesting thing about CRKs there's always a substitute for them like the Insingo small that I got... Check this out! They're like identical almost.

That said....I'm addicted to this blade shape officially.

n3VkU7E.jpg

Last edited:
Back