The K390 Thread - Photos and Experiences

So when do I get to sharpen my K390 Endura and Dragonfly? They just keep holding their edge. It's a problem. I love sharpening knives.
Either you don't use your knives much or your standard of sharpness is low. k390 is a great steel but just like many others its hair popping edge will be gone pretty quickly though its working edge does hold longer than quite a few others.

Either you don't use your knives much or your standard of sharpness is low. k390 is a great steel but just like many others its hair popping edge will be gone pretty quickly though its working edge does hold longer than quite a few others.

Yeah, I don't pop hairs much. But the edge retention for a working edge seems excellent.

Back in the pocket for today's journey..
Lch3JDW.jpg

Takes Gun Bluing, like a Champ! As well as a Nasty edge! 12° reprofile and 15° microbevel.
rqg5Tfd.jpg

Then mail showed up!
FG8ZBCL.jpg

Time to swap the K390 to the GiTD scales

Hi friends. Did I miss out on the full spyderedge Delica in K390? Did it come and go already?

Hi friends. Did I miss out on the full spyderedge Delica in K390? Did it come and go already?

Not at all,, the next shipment of regular production Delica K390 is arriving at dealers now.
I believe ZDP-189 is being phased out and replaced with K390 in the FRN Seki City series.

Really like the steel, it sharpens quickly and has a fantastic edge, much easier than ZDP-189 to sharpen.

Regards,
FK

Thanks to this thread I just ordered a Delica in K390, I’m stoked :D

Same here, largely thanks to this thread grabbed one a few weeks ago, after that a K390 Dragonfly found its way to me, just a couple of weeks ago I walked by the Spyderco case at a gun store and a K390 called out to me.

I know some folks really liked these knives in ZDP but I much prefer the K390.

dCDPIfo.jpg

Can anyone shortly state difference beetwen K390 and Cruwear.Can't find any comparison anywhere.In few words please.Thanks.

I have an Urban and an Endela in k390. I’d like to add a PM2 when I have the money.

The k390 spydercos have overtaken everything I had in rotation. I like frn and backlock. Roll around with a delica at work. Just throw it in the pocket without clip. At times I switch it for an Endela. Feels a bit more stout, love the belly. Then when I feel like more blade I throw a police iwb.
After police my military feels like a beefy folder :). It's just thicker BTE and spine.

TlWcthE.jpg

Older pic, looks like it's flying.

Last edited:
I've got a Dragonfly 2 coming next with with K390 "under the hood".
I'll be sure to give it a good test!

Back