The kinda unspecified CRK talk thread.

Woke up to find BladeHQ actually had a Large PJ tanto inkosi in stock. Now mind you I have never seen a Large Pj inkosi in stock anywhere because they are gone soon as they hit every major online knife outlet. Are you guys ok? How did this gym get past the radar of you die hard CRK fans? I just hit the confirm purchase button and am still in disbelief. Thank you guys for letting this lowely peasant have a chance at this knife after all these years. I truly appreciate it.
I saw that also, I hope you enjoy it! I have a large PJ DP Inkosi that I’m a big fan of. Which speaking of knifeart has one of those and a PJ L31 DP available. It does seem like they are sticking around more lately, I guess they are keeping up with demand a bit better and people can be pickier waiting on their exact configuration. KSF had a double lug L31 earlier at least too.

I saw that also, I hope you enjoy it! I have a large PJ DP Inkosi that I’m a big fan of. Which speaking of knifeart has one of those and a PJ L31 DP available. It does seem like they are sticking around more lately, I guess they are keeping up with demand a bit better and people can be pickier waiting on their exact configuration. KSF had a double lug L31 earlier at least too.
I've always wanted a PJ tanto for hard use. The tanto I feel is the best blade they offer for hard tasks. I'll probably buy a drop point next year just because.

There are many reasons some of us prefer older sebenzas. Blade shape, pocket clip, hardware, handle shape, lock, nostalgia, thumb serrations, inlay design, smoothness, blade steels, sand blast, stop pin sleeve, or just the soul of an antique knife. That said, the genius of the old thumb studs in undeniable.

The top picture is my beloved 1998 regular. The bottom is my 2014 21 insingo. The ridges (serrations?) on the regular thumb stud are amazing. The sharp edges literally grab your thumb, enabling an opening motion that is sublime. Rather than just pushing a c-motion you can actually lift your thumb in the direction away from the blade and the stud grabs your thumb and sticks to it. Even after carrying a sebenza for years, my thumb got a little sore with this regular until I developed a small callus. Even though the original/P studs are aesthetically beautiful, I believe the thumb stud design on the regular is the peak of design functionality. Love it.

mZ7OgJw.jpeg

TX99LTW.jpeg

Just getting reacquainted with newer CRK offerings as I last bought around 2002. I have carried and used a NICA small Sebenza tanto blade for the past two decades in my left-side front pocket. The tanto blade shape works well for my needs, and the blade is still very sharp with minimal sharpening/stropping by me. The only issue I have ever had is when the blade would occasionally open in the pocket and the resulting "ouchie" when I went to use the knife. I was surprised to learn of dedicated left-hand offerings as well as the ceramic ball detent. I figured I got my money's worth out of the NICA knife, so I purchased a left-hand Zaan and a Magnacut large Sebenza. One of those will likely be my companion for the next few decades. The NICA knife is not going anywhere, but it will not be carried as it once was.

Hey, Scott...been a minute since you've been around here. (I see you at the other place, though.)

Good to see you.

Just getting reacquainted with newer CRK offerings as I last bought around 2002. I have carried and used a NICA small Sebenza tanto blade for the past two decades in my left-side front pocket. The tanto blade shape works well for my needs, and the blade is still very sharp with minimal sharpening/stropping by me. The only issue I have ever had is when the blade would occasionally open in the pocket and the resulting "ouchie" when I went to use the knife. I was surprised to learn of dedicated left-hand offerings as well as the ceramic ball detent. I figured I got my money's worth out of the NICA knife, so I purchased a left-hand Zaan and a Magnacut large Sebenza. One of those will likely be my companion for the next few decades. The NICA knife is not going anywhere, but it will not be carried as it once was.
I thinks it’s awesome you carried the NICA that long. I tend to carry the same knife for long periods compared to most, but not for a decade (yet). My son is a lefty and I bought him a left handed sebenza. Game changer. He hasn’t carried any other knife since. I think you’ll love it. Congratulations.

Back