Photos The knives of CMFTW (aka Charlie Mike aka Matt Freeman)

Hello all. My wife knew Matt very well, she owns the shipping store that Matt used to ship every knife he sold. Matt was actually her very best customer. Matt always made her feel at ease just by knowing he would be coming in the store at least once every day if there was anything that needed to be "handled" that Matt would be there to do it and help keep the employees safe.
She still speaks of him often, so I am trying to find a blade he made that I can give it to her.
How does a person find one of his blades?

I'd watch the for sale forum they pop up there ever so often. Matt was a great guy with a heart of Gold, we really miss him as well around here. There should be someone along with maybe some more info or possibly a knife to part with. Good Luck on your quest.

I'd watch the for sale forum they pop up there ever so often. Matt was a great guy with a heart of Gold, we really miss him as well around here. There should be someone along with maybe some more info or possibly a knife to part with. Good Luck on your quest.
If you should run across something, please let me know, this would be one of those gifts that would make her tear up.
Buckybeaverenator@yahoo.com

If anoyone isn't familiar with Sab_tools check her out. She was Matts apprentice and her work has the same spirit.
^This...
If you should run across something, please let me know, this would be one of those gifts that would make her tear up.
Buckybeaverenator@yahoo.com

Might be an avenue to look into (the quote above yours B Bucky B ) . An apprentice's knife could be nice too. She might have some originals kicking around and be sympathetic to your story. I haven't looked into it at all so could be a dead end but if I were looking for CMFW knife, that would be a place to check.

I’ve been away from this forum fo sometime. Only recently started again. I’m deeply saddened to hear about Matt. I was looking for his vids on YouTube and couldn’t find any of them. I just thought he took them down. I had a sheath made by him years ago and loved it. RIP Matt 😭

Anyone still have pics of waved Benchmade 630 Skrimish?
I found it finally.
8vMxk50.jpeg

inPLpDN.jpeg

gayCejy.jpeg

ydIFuD4.jpeg
82r4Sv0.jpeg

g4mclyq.jpeg

More pictures. January 13th will be 5 years without CM.

He did some crazy mods, for sure!!👍
😥......Sorely missed....... Out of his mind that man was!!!!Gotta luv it.....I enjoyed watching his progression in the trade........Good man.......R I P Matt..

Although this knife was never modded or touched by CM, it does remind me Matt every time I look at it.

Years ago, I had been looking for a full custom Darrel Ralph Gunhammer. I found this one on the secondary market for half the price of a new one, but it had an IKBS stamp on the reverse side of the blade and I thought it might be counterfeit.

Matt was a huge Darrel Ralph fan, and I asked him if he'd help me authenticate it. I sent him all the photos provided by the seller.
He messaged me back in minutes and confirmed its authenticity, explaining that Darrel made a few with IKBS, and it was real.

ddr4.jpg

Back