The Model #1's

The two on the left are spine to spine, gives you an idea of how much curve will be in the handle. Need to peel a couple layers off to expose the tang (...I can't believe I just typed that), and get the bronze end plates fit.
IMG_20171201_113757-1024x1367.jpg

The tape wrap reminded me of the car companies hiding their new models under sheets of pretty fabric - corporate spies and the car paparazzis don't'cha know. I'm sure you have those types in the custom knife biz too :).

Anyway - they are certainly tantalizing - but me too - what the heck do I need another knife for :confused:?
Thank you that these are all dibbed away :thumbsup:

Cheers, Ray

The tape wrap reminded me of the car companies hiding their new models under sheets of pretty fabric - corporate spies and the car paparazzis don't'cha know. I'm sure you have those types in the custom knife biz too :).

Anyway - they are certainly tantalizing - but me too - what the heck do I need another knife for :confused:?
Thank you that these are all dibbed away :thumbsup:

Cheers, Ray

What do you need another knife for?

If you had a Redmeadow you would find a use for it. They are a pleasure to use.

Thank you Coop:thumbsup:

Thanks for posting RayseM, there's one Dib open for the next run, but don't let me tempt you...(insert Evil laugh). Welcome to the ghost town by the way.

These first runs are always fun for me, trying to get them to look like what I imagined. Itape the crap out of everythingnoe because I've spent souch time sanding out scratches that never should have happened! I used to live not far from some proving grounds out in the desert and used to see those taped up rides all the time. Never thought about it on a blade, we may have to do a mystery knife WIP!

Thank you Coop:thumbsup:

Thanks for posting RayseM, there's one Dib open for the next run, but don't let me tempt you...(insert Evil laugh). Welcome to the ghost town by the way.

These first runs are always fun for me, trying to get them to look like what I imagined. Itape the crap out of everythingnoe because I've spent souch time sanding out scratches that never should have happened! I used to live not far from some proving grounds out in the desert and used to see those taped up rides all the time. Never thought about it on a blade, we may have to do a mystery knife WIP!
I used to spend a ton of time in the desert around Wittman AZ. I assume that's where you were?
*pssst - a sword, no one will know*

I like the way you think.
Kinda. He needs to make two. One ugly and one purty.

This one was a Ford Proving ground outside Kingman, (Yucca).

The sound of this leather peeling off will either be satisfying or make your cringe, at the end it sounds like someone taking a bite out of an apple.
I feel like someone dumped a bucket of spiders over the top of me after watching it.

The point of it is that I don't think these will have the shrinking problem that you see in a lot of old stacked leather. Maintenance could have helped those, these are densely compressed and we'll dried, I doubt these will have that problem.

This one was a Ford Proving ground outside Kingman, (Yucca).
Same one. I still dream of that place. It's actually Wittman but we all thought of it as Kingman. A friend that I used to hunt Javalina with worked there.

Damn awsome, John!
Thanks for doing that one!:thumbsup::cool:

Last edited:
I like it.

What is that ball bearing on a rod? Never seen that before.

Back