The new Drunken: A tweaked SpydieChef?

I can't be the only one that thinks the Drunken looks a lot like the SpydieChef, with a slightly tweaked handle and a carbon fiber scale.

Of course there are some differences. The Drunken's blade has a thicker stock and is shorter from top to bottom, probably thicker behind the edge than the SpydieChef's blade. Of course the steel's different, and the clip and pivot as well. Still, it's interesting how similar the two are, from two different designers.

APNL69E.png

AMAZING looking knife. Yes, there are some visual cues similar to the Chef.

Unfortunately I am probably priced out too!

I’m glad that Spyderco pushes the envelope with midtech-type stuff though. We all know there are other production knives in this price range coming from other parts of asia and elsewhere.

Last edited:
At first I was pretty interested... then saw the price point. Moving on...

To me it looks like it addresses the 'chef's design with nice updates. Looks fantastic... for about 2 bills, maybe two fifty. I'm folding at that price, but if it's a hit maybe more affordable variants will be produced .

Between the webbed titanium, tumbled finish and "Drunken" finish texture I think that's a lot of machining/processes

Reactions: Mo2
Between the webbed titanium, tumbled finish and "Drunken" finish texture I think that's a lot of machining/processes

I'm comparing it to the ZT 0920, in that they both have premium steel and machined texturing on contoured scales on both sides. The ZT 0920 is almost half the price.

I guess I'm still lost on how a RIL mille with upgraded steel can be 1/2 the cost of this. I know it's machining and very well done but US made at 1/2 the price seems I need to pass on principle.

I also hope the Paysan (although a one piece design) will end up more reasonable. The beauty of Spyderco is they are great knives for a much lower price point than a Sebenza

I also hope the Paysan (although a one piece design) will end up more reasonable. The beauty of Spyderco is they are great knives for a much lower price point than a Sebenza

MAP for the Paysan should be right at $520. I really like that knife and I might have to find a way to buy it.

I was also going to buy the Drunken but at $410 I think I'll pass. I`ve pre-ordered the Kapara instead. The redback has too many features I like to pass that one up.

I do like that Spyderco now has knives at all little price points, personally.

Apparently MSRP on the Drunken is $629.95, which translates to MAP over $400, I believe.

I don't get that pricing. Maybe it's the designer fee that does it?

I really like the design but won't buy one at that price.

Lots of other great looking knives coming though.

Back