The new Drunken: A tweaked SpydieChef?

Nice looking and hope Spyderco is able to sell them but I won't be a buyer anytime soon at that price.

Apparently MSRP on the Drunken is $629.95, which translates to MAP over $400, I believe.

Is it called the drunken because they were wasted when they came up with the pricing for this one? I haven't bought a new Spyderco for several years because of their crazy pricing structures, they even priced the value out of the Delica:( This one peaked my interest until I saw that MAP. I really would like to buy a new Spydie one day....but they gotta fix their pricing methodology.

It occurs to me that perhaps your average Joe might not be the target demographic for this and other models - plenty of other folks regularly buy knives in this price range. Maybe those are the ones these are meant for, which is great for Spyderco's market share, but overall effectively reduces the number of new models for us plebs

Drunken reminds me more of the Sigma Model that Shirogorov/Sinkevich collaboration than the ZT Models. Especially with the lanyard hole, frame milling and carbon fiber. I wonder what the action is like.

Color me interested. Hopefully, the local knife store will get one for me to try before I buy.

I'm sure some people will buy the knife but definitely not me. With that kind of money, I can buy two ZTs with similar materials and quality or two KW s90v ti/cf RIL Militarys (and I did).

Exactly. I'll never ever understand that price.

I'll have to see it before I say the price is very fair. I've had the ZT Sinkovichs and the ZT 0392wc that was just amazing......I doubt the Spydeco will as nice or nicer than either ZT. Maybe as nice as the Sinkovich ZT.
Of course, I could be wrong. But, I doubt it.
I just don't know what Spyderco could do to it to make it double what the ZT Sinkovich costs.
Just my 2 pennies.

** Wrong quote** I meant to quote someone else.
But, ya get the point.

Better look at the drunken texture via Knife Center

3HFZ4yA.jpg

I guess I'm still lost on how a RIL mille with upgraded steel can be 1/2 the cost of this. I know it's machining and very well done but US made at 1/2 the price seems I need to pass on principle.

I also hope the Paysan (although a one piece design) will end up more reasonable. The beauty of Spyderco is they are great knives for a much lower price point than a Sebenza

The ti Millie is not a fair comparison as it was/is? Such a steal!

I'll have to just save up for one. Too good to pass up but will take some time to obtain one.

Handled one at Blade... smoothest Spyderco I've ever felt. Nice knife.

Reactions: Mo2
At that price, its bound to be one of the best, if not the best Spydie ever produced.
That being said, if shes as smooth as the ZT 0392wc and the like, then so be it.

Reactions: Mo2
S90V blade, titanium framelock with milled "webbed" pockets for lightening, solid carbon fiber presentation side with a nested steel liner, with contouring and the "drunken" wavy milled grooves all over the surface of both scales... I'd say the materials and especially all the machining required is enough to justify the cost.

I agree with those saying the quality is "only" as good as a ZT...limited edition, that is, like the 0777m390 or 0454 (the only ones I've handled). Those also had intricate milled lines all over the handles and cost about 500 dollars. Based on that I have no problem with the pricing of the Drunken and don't think it's an outrageous asking price.

Last edited:
It does seem very nice, don’t get me wrong, I just apparently need to get a second job haha

Back