The official Challenge knife thread!Makers please confirm your entry

This looks as though it was a blast! Thank you to all those that did the judging and as well to all those that kept the testers and judges well lubricated. Moose, thank you especially for the time you've taken to assemble and post all this. You get a big ole' "attaboy" from this indebted maker.

Rick - Sorry to see the outcome of your knife. I'm sure it was an anomaly that you can figure out and fix.... same for the others that experienced similar fate.

I'm looking forward to the final results.

I've had/still having computer issues so this is the first time in a week that I've logged on. We need a new computer and won't be making that purchase until next week. I'm on my wife's office computer this morning for about two hours. I'll try to check back in a couple of days.

Thanks again to all who help make this happen.

-Peter

There are pics in another thread showing the challenge knives being beat through bamboo. I did a lot of carving and cutting with my knife before it left and cannot imagine this happening from hand held normal cutting tasks.

Chris. I cant speak for the others, but my knife was battoned because I gave them permission too. Moosey was very specific about the abuse of these pieces before it started. Everyone there was a "knife guy" no one was purposely trying to destroy anybodies hard work i assure you.

Chris. I cant speak for the others, but my knife was battoned because I gave them permission too. Moosey was very specific about the abuse of these pieces before it started. Everyone there was a "knife guy" no one was purposely trying to destroy anybodies hard work i assure you.

I'll second that. I examined the spines of the broken knives closely and saw no indication of batonning. I was asked about six times for permission before they batonned my knife. Those guys clearly love and respect good tools.

I'll say this again: no maker "failed" here. We can all learn from this. I'm about 90% sure I know what was up with the three knives that broke/wobbled, but I'll keep that under my hat unless asked by the individual maker.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Chris View Post
There are pics in another thread showing the challenge knives being beat through bamboo

Where is this alleged thread?

There was some serious, near knife fighting over who was gonna take it off your hands. I called dibbs right off the bat, Ethan then threw his old ass hat in the ring for it, and there was some other guy, but I can't remember who it was.

I was probably the other guy initially, but decided (after Rick's prompting) to wait until I saw it first and got to feel it in hand, and then when I did I wanted to wait and hold out for the Marchete. It really is an amazingly beautiful knife though. Several were. Several appealed to me that I didn't initially think would.

Man that looked like some kind of fun! Still can't get over that size of bamboo growing up in those mountains.

@ James and anyone else who handled my knife, feel free to drop you opinions/theories on my knife if you'd like. Seriously, we learn nothing if we can't take constructive criticism. Don't hold back, I'm a big ole boy now.

Thanks again to Moose and all who participated. Don't they have one of these in the Fall also? It's never to early to get started on another knife! :)

Thinking about waiting until this weekend to post up anything, that way I'll have enough time to get it all together.......

So, do you love me more, or hate me more?:D

I'm good with either, but we can start a poll to get the specific numbers.........

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!!!!

Moose

I'm writing it right now. Got the first post up, reserved some spots for individual reviews.

Just so ya'll know, I spending Sleep Vouchers to do this.........:D

Guilt much, do I?

:D:D:D:D

Moose

Woo-hoo, we're gonna be famous! Or infamous... or something.

Back