The other ZT no one is talking about! ZT0456

It looks like an extremely well-make knife. I wouldn't normally care about the weight -- I usually carry a 7.8 oz Rukus -- but it's heavy for such a small blade.

The 0804CF has a longer blade -- 3.9 inches vs. 3.25 inches -- with the same steel and blade thickness (0.156 inches), but weighs less (5.1 oz vs 6.6 oz.). A longer blade, especially with a useful point for detail work, is more to my liking.

I was amazed at how well the knife took such an acute edge angle. It didn't get super broad at the bevel or anything. It really does have excellent edge geometry given it's size.

I purchased a used one last month. It surprised me as to how much I do like it. I put a blue TI screw set on, and a blue TI pocket clip
0456%20clip.jpg

. I carry it on weekends. I have two 801's, one a black, and a 770CF new in a box. My fav is the plain 801 and carry it during the week.
But, I have too many 3.5" blades and am looking for a ZT 0452 right now.

I like the looks of it a lot, reminds me a lot of the ckf peace duke, but the cost is just a killer for me. There are just plenty of better deals for the price.

Has anyone made a carbon fiber scale for this thing yet? Seems like it would really make the balance of this knife amazing.

I know, I know... the weight isn't a big deal to some, but the balance of this knife is really off for me. The weight combined with the smoothness and ergos that kinda push my hand toward the back of the handle has caused me to drop it several times. This is the only knife I've ever dropped on a tile floor and been worried that it coulda cracked the tile :D Awesome knife otherwise.

BTW, I'd love to see a 0456 and 0456BW hardware swap!

I tried one at your place last year. I didn't care for the clip and how it carried so far out of the pocket. Combined with the blade length to weight ratio it wasn't working for me. As someone who doesn't like too much color on their knives I also don't care for the blue.

The ZT 0456BW is very attractive in a practical way.

However, I wish they had internally milled the titanium for some weight reduction. For a 3.25" blade it weighs 6.6 ounces! Consider the new ZT 0920 with a 3.9" blade weighing just 5.4 ounces due to the internal titanium milling!

I just got mine. I have to say I was expecting it to be heavier from what I've been reading. It certainly isn't a Native 5 lightweight but it isn't too heavy at all.
ZT0456BW

and with its cousin

Just picked up a 456. It's a keeper for me. I'm really liking the blade shape and I don't really notice the weight when it's in my pocket.

I still love mine. Picked up a 456BW as well. So far I can tell no difference in the CTS-204P and 20CV.

giphy.gif

This version is awesome. I want one and I am not really a fan of small knives, but I absolutely understand the importance of having them available.

How does it perform at cutting tasks, for exemple for food prep and other EDC uses?

Had one and thought it was one of the nicest flippers I owned but just so heavy and stubby. But that wasn't the real killer for me. When I look at it all I see is that pivot. Now, the new black wash is tempting because it tones all that down. Might grab one down the road if a decent deal pops up. Won't pay full price for one again.

Oh, and I did see one online that all the blue was gone and it was all one color. That one was nice.

Simply put, I find the design way thicker and heavier than it has to be. I'm trying to move away from that.

Back