The REK daily discussion thread :)

Rough grinding some embers today

i-XN4vJRB-X3.jpg

Hey Josh

Question for you ... Why did you not make the Shiro bits out of something magnetic? They fall out of the bit holder 100% of the time. I figure you have a reason.

Nother question. What thread pitch is the back end of the bit tapped for? If I put a screw in there the magnet in my bit driver will hold that.

thanks.

Hey Josh

Question for you ... Why did you not make the Shiro bits out of something magnetic? They fall out of the bit holder 100% of the time. I figure you have a reason.

Nother question. What thread pitch is the back end of the bit tapped for? If I put a screw in there the magnet in my bit driver will hold that.

thanks.

Hey Josh

thanks.
Sure man! 😁 So I made them out of titanium for a couple reasons... 1. To prevent marring and 2. Higher strength than steel.

Yeah they work much better with the quick connect locking type of driver... You can install a set screw in there which is slightly magnetic and will help hold it in place with a magnetic driver, but most set screws aren't magnetic. Pm me your address and I'll send a few your way 👍

Sure man! 😁 So I made them out of titanium for a couple reasons... 1. To prevent marring and 2. Higher strength than steel.

Yeah they work much better with the quick connect locking type of driver... You can install a set screw in there which is slightly magnetic and will help hold it in place with a magnetic driver, but most set screws aren't magnetic. Pm me your address and I'll send a few your way 👍
Now that is some over-the-top customer service! 😎

Thanks REK Knives REK Knives

I knew you had a reason.

I have set screws "up to here". I'm good. Do you recall what thread pitch? I just didn't want to start the wrong one in there and have it get crossed up.

Thanks for the help
If Josh doesn’t know off hand…I can check mine for ya.

Back